Author Topic: Trying to get off 4mg/day of Klonopin - starting with .125mg drops - need help  (Read 1706 times)

[Buddie]

Though the more I think the more I would like to try .25 drops for the beginning since it is not a huge percentage, and then scale back once I am down to around 3mg.

Thoughts?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

You can try a 0.25mg cut as it's still within the 5-10% recommended range. A two week hold is generally a safe time frame and I also go by two weeks.

I personally try not to plan too far in advance. In fact I have learned the best taper is a flexible taper where you continually assess your cuts based on your symptoms. I suggest you make this cut and see how your body responds and then decide from there how you would like to proceed.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Thanks Jelly,

Was the 5-10% for each cut, or I had read also it is best not to do more than that in one month's time...?

I think I am going to just start slow, see how it is for a month, and maybe a speed up a tad if it seems
like it is going okay.

[Buddie]

Hi [...]. Sorry for my late reply. I'm now struggling with Covid. We usually recommend 5-10% per cut every two weeks or so. But I know different benzo sites have different recommendations. For us the percentage is more to have a starting point. Our rule of thumb would be to let your symptoms dictate your taper rate and not the percentages. Many of our members go slower some might go faster. There is no right or wrong only a right for you.

[Buddie]

Sorry to hear about that - I hope you feel better soon! It took me a long time to get better.

I have started my taper and have been at 3.875mg from 4mg for a week - so far so good.

Should this topic get transferred over to the personal logs (I cannot remember the name of the forum)?

Thanks!

[Buddie]

You're welcome to post your updates here if you'd like feedback or you can start a Progress Log, this is just for you, no other members can respond since it's more of a diary. 

[Buddie]

Oh - okay - sounds good.

Thanks!

I will keep posting here.

[Buddie]

Dropped another .125mg in the morning on Friday 2/4. So now I have dropped .25mg total from my 4mg/day.

So far doing pretty good, though I have lingering fatigue from when I had COVID a few weeks back. NO significant uptick in
symptoms.

So at 3.75mg/day. planning on dropping another .125 on 2/18.

[Buddie]

Sounds like it's going well.  :thumbsup:

I've had a rough time with Covid too and don't know how long the symptoms will be lingering. We'll keep on fighting!

[Buddie]

So far so good as far as Klonopin.   Currently at 1.875mg/1.875mg morning/evening.

As far as COVID, I STILL have long-standing fatigue/aches, pretty bad actually.

I hope you are doing well.