Celebrating Christmas and 2 years Benzo free today!

[...]

Two years ago today I took my last very small dose of Valium after a nearly 6 long years of tapering. I have had some good days over the last 2 years, and for most of the time I’ve been totally functional and living my life. I have also experienced some of the darkest days of my life that I refer to the dark nights of my soul. It’s during those times that I have learned so many things about myself that needed to be be addressed. They were eye opening realizations that were hard resolve.

For the last 10 weeks I have experienced the most challenging symptoms since I started this journey. I choose to believe that it is leading me to the end of my Benzo journey and complete recovery. With God, my loving support system and my Benzo Buddies, I will beat this beast.

Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Healing New year!

Gratefully, Sandy🥰🎄🙏

Congratulations Sandy! You've come such a far way. I also choose to believe you are at the end of your journey.

What a strong and courageous person you are. Keep on fighting! Merry Christmas!

Thank you 1613 and Shayna. I’m still riding this big wave, but have a few hours on and off where the symptoms let up for a while. That helps me accept that it’s WD. I have my weak moments of fear and doubt at times as well. Such an awful drug!

Sandy🥰

Funny how we can be doing fairly well and then another intense wave can come. I made a positive post about a week ago and I think I jinxed myself bc its been a wave week!

Happy for you!

Right there with you! After having some pretty good traction I got pulled underwater for the past few weeks. As I read your post I thought of how so many have their final dark time right before getting totally well. I hope this for you. Meanwhile, we soldier on and keep trudging. I am sending you positive vibes and hope for final healing soon.

:smitten:

Thank you, Holdingon!

I am happy to report that as of today, 12-29-21, I’m making progress! The panic, fear and anxiety are for the most part gone. I’m getting out more and engaging with family and friends more. Still nursing some physical challenges, but I can handle them so much better without the fear and anxiety.

I’m so grateful to have 2 years and 4 days Benzo free. I pray daily that my recovery is near.

I hope you get relief soon. All we have is one day at a time.

Hugs, Sandy🥰🙏

Sandy, This is incredible news!  Wasn't it just a few days ago that you were still in that awful wave?  Did everything just lift suddenly?  I wish you continued success and that window that never closes.

Thank you, Guardian. It’s been gradual, but the last few days have been really good. I’m able to handle the remaining physical challenges so much better when the fear and anxiety is gone.

I’m slowly easing back in to my old life and myself again. I have no words for the gratitude I feel.

Wishing you well, Sandy🥰