6 month Progress Report since CT from very short-term use

[Ne...]

As my signature says, I was a very-short user of Temazepam.  At six months off, my remaining symptoms of tinnitus, headaches/head pressure and broken sleep are manageable.  I will be using the absence of tinnitus as my indicator of being fully healed as I have never had this before.  What has helped me the most in my recovery is my mental approach toward this.  Acceptance of it is what it is, Gratitude that I went off of it when I did, Patience in  understanding that time is the real healer, Distraction to help take my mind off my troubles and put me in a better place, Staying in the present, Exercise when I can, Meditate, Take a deep breath and then breathe again.

Although insomnia in benzo recovery is very different than insomnia in general, the book “Say Good Night to Insomnia” by Gregg D. Jacobs was a godsend as it talks about negative sleep thoughts which I had developed pre benzo and during early withdrawal during so many sleepless nights.  Learning how these negative sleep thoughts contribute to worse sleep and learning not to fear sleepless nights helped me through my biggest issue of insomnia during this recovery.  I highly recommend this book.

We just learned that my husband’s cancer has returned.  The coping skills that I have learned over these last six months will help carry me through this.

I had hoped to write a success story by end of month six as to being symptom free.  Although I still have some remaining symptoms, my success today is that I am a much stronger me and for this, I am very thankful.

What a wonderful progress report, thank you for sharing so many of your coping tools and I love what that book has to offer.  I wish this were your success story too, especially since you found out about the return your husbands cancer, I'm so very sorry. 

Please keep letting us know how you're doing, things could get challenging for you because of your husbands health issues so remember to use those wonderful tools you've accumulated.

Nice to hear from you! Congratulations on the progress — hopefully I’ll be writing one soon as well. So sorry about your husband — I’m sure you’re now more than prepared to support him.