2 Years Free Today!

[Ro...]

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my progress, and shed some light into the darkness that can be benzo recovery. Today I am two years free. Never thought this day would come. My nervous system is mostly healed now. Nothing is perfect. Meditation was my secret. Breathing for ten minutes every morning, as part of a morning routine of self care, saved my life. I now have healthy friendships, have healed most of my CPTSD and dissociative disorders (extreme trauma was why I got on benzos), and am living the life of my dreams.

I was off an on benzos for 14 years until that final day. I did a daily liquid micro taper for 9 months, after several unsuccessful attempts. My body is almost completely healed. I never think about benzos. I have a new career as a legal psychedelic assisted medicine guide for a local psychiatrist. I am expanding our clinic this coming year, and I help people tolerate getting off psych meds safely, when necessary. I am happy most of the time and my nervous system is almost constantly in a state of relaxation. Absolute success story.

My benzo journey was a nightmare from hell I wouldn't wish on anyone, yet it made me. If you are suffering as you read this, I am sending you so much love. Keep going. One step at a time. Brush your teeth, drink water, eat what you can. Hang in there. Life gets better. I promise you. If I can heal you can too.

Be gentle with yourself during this hellish process. Learn to be kind to yourself. That's the only secret I have. Meditation helped me achieve it. Now my life is filled with love, purpose, joy, and most of all, that priceless state of being: peace.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure when the waves stop. I just ride the waves of life regardless of what caused them. I stopped thinking about it all in terms of benzodiazepines wd as much as possible. I learned to accept life as it is, and focus on what I can change and control. Which was learning to painstakingly care for myself during the nightmare of coming off benzos, and all of life's challenges, in general.

Benzo wd helped me build resilience and become a psychologically bulletproof human. But not before they broke me down over and over again. Not sure how else to explain this.

Choose to see this whole process as a spiritual awakening. Operate from that perspective, versus the very real victimhood of it all. Change your perspective, change the healing game. It's not that this makes it easy but it makes it your purpose to heal and survive and find your true self. It's an opportunity for growth, like all challenges in life.

Believe me when I tell you these pills almost cost my life 6 times. At least. I attempted to take my life that many times coming off of them, first at 19, then 5 times in 2018. Now I am at peace and work as a behavioral health coach to help people in crisis stabilize and taper.