help

[Ch...]

I also heard depression, I wonder if that's due fatique, or sad mood. The latter is no option for me when going on a crossover.

I have allready lack of positive feelings after a cut. After a cut its always; panic/stress-> anxity-> depression-> stress but better mood and less anxity.

This might be helpful...

Support for Those Who React Badly to Diazepam

DAO-blocking is presumed to be an issue for a number of members, and seems to be unique to diazepam (and perhaps other desmethydiazepam prodrugs).

And yes, buddies often report increased sedation and depression, especially while first adjusting to the drug. They also often report a decrease in these symptoms with ongoing use. I think a slow step-wise cross can help to mitigate some of these issues, but the DAO-blocking or another symptom might be a deal-breaker for some buddies and make a diazepam cross intolerable.

I hope this helps.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me what I can do to calm down. The 2. mg klonopin isn't doing it, what can I do.  Is there somethin I can add for the mean time.  Hi Hi Anziety stae.  I don't know what to do and am looking for beno (jennider) wise doc.  Having a had time eating and very constipapted.

Please heal.  I decided crossing over to valium is not for me.  Please Pease help

Hi Charlene,

Can you update your signature so we can see what you're currently taking and how much, it will help us help you.  Add your history/signature 

Does this mean you don't want to cross to Valium, shall I move this thread to the direct taper board?

Pamster

Pamster, my brain is no working to do a ticker, I am sorry.

. 5mg in 2017 very long taper (mayb 10 months)

1.5 mg 2019 very long aper (11 months maybe)

2 mg now in 2020, hi hi hi anxiety, don't know what to do. occasionally vomit up food. 

Fibromyalgia,

Sentivie to meds,

have a hard time eating. 

I've included the latest information into your signature, thank you. 

Am I to understand this is the third time you've started taking benzo's?  You've stopped it two times in the past?

I'm not judging you for going back on benzo's, we all have to do what we need to be functional but this information is useful because repeated starts and stops of the drug for some can mean increased symptoms each time it happens. 

Can you answer my question, is it your wish to taper from the Klonopin instead of crossing over to Valium?  Also, is your doctor on board with you tapering from the Klonopin and if you're unstable at 2 mgs, would he raise your dose?

Pamster or others..... any suggustions I know I am being a pest here, just totallly despereate.  If there is anyone you know and trust that you think could help me.  Or of you think I should go off benzo and subsitute for somthing else.  Please help.  Sorry for bein a pest.  I don't know what to do. 

Thank you Pamster.  It is my wish as I;ve heard crosing over can be difficult.  I heard about huge acid reflux. 

I won't raise the dose, I get excessive constipations that does not work for anything.

So are my only options to cross over or to try to go down on klonopin.  I'm in no ready to do that with hi anxiety.  I though maybe we could add something to the mix to calm me down which is most likely really sillly. 

What would you do?  I valium constipating like klonopin?i'm really scared and I'm not impressed with the the doc as he does not believe in tolereance withdrawel.  It's been over a month and I have not calmed down, crying everyday.  I thank you for your compasion. 

Imo, valium is great.  I was on it daily for 10 years.

It’s hard for me to answer though but that’s something you might wanna look into.

On 2 mg of Klon.  Want to cross over to 1.5 mg of valuium.  Could I reduce that .5 mg within a couple of days of is that not smart.

If you're not ready to taper and you're feeling this bad I wonder if you might try to find another doctor, one who is a little more helpful and knowledgeable.  I've read here that nurse practioners can be a little more understanding and compassionate to those of us who suffer with this.

As for adding other medications, this is something you might want to discuss with your doctor, to my knowledge, there really isn't anything we can add that will take away our symptoms.  Many members take other medications so you might try looking on the Other Medications board to see what others are taking.

You're not being a pest Charlene, we understand how horrible you feel, I just wish there was more we could do for you.  I'm sorry to say that the only way out of this mess is through it, we only have two options, increase our dose or taper off of it.

Thanks I'm leaning towards crossing over to valuium.  I have it have with nurse practicitioners since I'm so sesnitive.

Would you say that Valuium cross over is a sucess for many people?

Is your doctor willing to prescribe Valium?  Many members are happy with crossing over, it can be a challenge for some but once they adjust to it it seems to work very well.  There can be an issue with feeling sedated and depressed at first, do you think you could deal with this?

Charlene,  I crossed over from 15 mgs of Ativan to 1.5 mgs of valium. I used the c/o schedule in Dr. Ashton's info. Crossing over was very helpful I was having horrid interdose withdrawals on Ativan that left me panicked and anxious. Crossing over was pretty uneventful. As soon as the long-acting benzo (valium) started to take effect (about 10 days) I felt better. Then, when I had completely crossed over, all those nasty Ativan s/x were gone. I felt a little fatigued at first on valium but that passed in about a week. I waited for about 2 weeks, then started my taper.

Not saying you should do things this way, just offering what worked for me. Following Ashton's schedule made things pretty straightforward. No guesswork.

Best,

Katz

Pamster, I don't know if I have a choice being that I was on Klon 3 times and don't seem to be feeling better.  I so appreciate your help and if you have any other advice, please let me know. 

Hi Charlene, I wasn't around for a day or two, how can I help?

I'm not sure if you answered my question, would your doctor be willing to cross you to Valium?  Are you still interested in doing this?  Just so you know, Professor Ashton says that 3 mgs Klonopin is roughly equivalent to 60 mgs Valium.

I am on 2 mg of clonopin and want to use schedule 5.  I don't know how to convert because is am .5 mg over from schedule 5 (schedule 5 is 1.5 mg of klon, not 2).  Any Help? 

P.s.  Not sure doc is willing to do this. 

Oh dear, I'm sorry I got the equivalency wrong, I saw 3 times and thought 3 mgs, the equivalency is 40 mgs, my mistake.  :-[

I feel you should discuss this with your doctor before we go much further because some are hesitant to prescribe Valium.  But for the sake of conversation, you can make your own schedule, you'd use the same reductions but add in a week or two to account for the .5 extra mgs.  Really, this schedule is just a guide, your body and symptoms should be what drives you to make a reduction, this is why we stress tapering to what your symptoms are telling you. 

Just FYI, many members will slow down their tapers when they get to the lower doses because sometimes symptoms can increase at the end.

Can you give me an example?  And I don't get the 40 MG equivelency.  LOoks Like .5 mg clon is equiv to 10 MG  diag.  waht does the 40 mean?