Long COVID, BWD, "Nervous Illness" all the same

[Gu...]

I have been really curious about how the EXACT same weird symptoms manifest in BWD, in long haul COVID, and in "nervous illness" as described by Claire Weekes, even when no drugs are involved.  It is uncanny how identical the symptoms are.  I thought I understood the gaba receptor explanation for WD symptoms, but how can that also be the case in long haul COVID and in nervous illness where no drugs are involved?  I know it can be explained as CNS injury, but still, all of the exact same symptoms??  Claire Weekes even describes an improvement in symptoms in the evening, like so many of us experience. Some of you may have looked into this, but if you google "covid and gaba" some interesting articles come up, mostly related to gaba rather than gaba receptors.  In a way it is encouraging to think that healing might be related to something other than the restoration of our gaba receptors, maybe something that we can influence by using Claire Weekes, techniques.  But it is also hugely discouraging because long haul COVID is extremely complex and is not understood at all, and "nervous illness" still takes about the same time to recover from as BWD.  Acceptance is better than explanations, I know, but for those of us who like to research and cannot stop themselves from looking for answers and help, any thoughts?  Somebody has to crack this code and find us help!!!!

I too have been curious about that similarity. I don’t know enough about the effects of Covid on the CNS to have an opinion but it’s awfully uncanny that the symptoms are almost exactly the same.

I was at a facility in August and September of 2019 for my detox. It had patients from all over the US, and as far as Hawaii. There was this respiratory illness going around the center that some people got and some people didn’t. Some got really sick and some didn’t. I caught it and was sick for months. Deathly ill on top of withdrawal. I thought my immunity was down due to withdrawal and because they pushed me so hard to participate when I could barely stand up in the shower, much less take one. An older lady caught it and went to the hospital for pneumonia twice. Seems like the younger ones weren’t affected as much. Looking back, I’ve wondered if it wasn’t Covid going around before we knew about it. I’m not a conspiracy theorist. It just kinda makes sense.

Maybe if they find some answers for long Covid they can be applied to us. I know there are some rehabilitation programs for long Covid so we shall see, I hope.

• 1 month later...