It's been like 6+ years. NO MORE INSOMNIA (10hr sleep every night)

[mi...]

Hey guys, hope you all doing great  :thumbsup:

I was already posted my Success story few years ago. Then I thought, ok let's make a post again for those who worried about sleep.

My sleep returned to me after 3 years. Actually I was very hopeless like you guys, even after 2 years, there was no improvement on my sleep.

Then I found about Raw Vegan Lifestyle. A lady on YouTube cured her insomnia and many other problems with Raw Vegan Diet.

So I thought I should give it a try.

And Bingo  :D after few months, I began to start sleeping Normally.

I noticed my sleep time gradually increasing from ZERO sleep, to 4hr, 6hr, 7hr... and after 6plus years , it's up to 10hr sleep every night and some days, I sleep on day time, and no problem getting sleep at night  :smitten:

So, for those who worried about sleep, it will come back to you, eat healthy, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, No meat, No diary, No processed food. Just Raw vegetable and Fruits  :thumbsup:

This is so very interesting and I am very happy to hear that you have found your optimal health.

It's hard for most people to avoid meat altogether though.  Is it possible that by avoiding meat and dairy you are simply avoiding all the hormones, antibiotics and preservatives used in those modern industries?  Have you tried organic meats and dairy to see if you could tolerate them?  There is much nutrition in meats and dairy.

I disagree, grass fed and finished Organ and Muscle meat is the way to go for me, nose to tail eating, low sugar berries are ideal along with minimal fruits, good fats like tallow, ghee and grass fed butter, best of luck

[bb...]

Nothing wrong with raw vegan if you can do it. But honestly what helps is just cramming down as many leafy greens as you can stomach, whether you eat meat or not. The body needs those nutrients to heal. These drugs are brutal when they get ya. I was on for a month, and it still took 5 months to sleep on my own afterward. But during the entire time I not only searched and picked the supplements most likely to help, but also was drinking one to two green smoothies a day (real greens I bought from the supermarket and then blended into shakes).

All of it made a difference. I am sure my misery would have lasted twice as long as it did had I not eaten as healthy as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not overweight at 5'5" and 137, but I eat like absolute crap. I eat nothing BUT processed and sugary foods. It's a miracle I don't weigh more. I virtually never drink water. I drink chocolate milk, orange juice and regular milk. I probably drink 1500 calories a day. 

One of my New Years Resolutions is to eat healthier. That requires cooking and I don't cook very much at all. I have some old (expensive) jeans that I could get back into if I got down to 120 or so and I would automatically lose weight, without even trying, if I ate healthy and especially exercised.

I have a gym membership that I don't use. I have been really struggling severely with insomnia for months, so my energy has been low. The insomnia is getting better so I may try working out again.

I am 52, so I still have time to turn my ship around and extend my life by eating healthy and exercising. I wish I had a partner. It would make it easier.

[bb...]

I am not overweight at 5'5" and 137, but I eat like absolute crap. I eat nothing BUT processed and sugary foods. It's a miracle I don't weigh more. I virtually never drink water. I drink chocolate milk, orange juice and regular milk. I probably drink 1500 calories a day. 

One of my New Years Resolutions is to eat healthier. That requires cooking and I don't cook very much at all. I have some old (expensive) jeans that I could get back into if I got down to 120 or so and I would automatically lose weight, without even trying, if I ate healthy and especially exercised.

I have a gym membership that I don't use. I have been really struggling severely with insomnia for months, so my energy has been low. The insomnia is getting better so I may try working out again.

I am 52, so I still have time to turn my ship around and extend my life by eating healthy and exercising. I wish I had a partner. It would make it easier.

My recommendation is to get your diet in check first, otherwise you will just be burning out further with your workouts, and possibly hindering your progress. But once you got the diet in check 100% try to go to the gym again.

[fd...]

Remember that raw vegan is good for detoxing but it is not sustainable. You will develop deficiencies if you stay on it long term.

I was already posted my Success story few years ago. Then I thought, ok let's make a post again for those who worried about sleep.

My sleep returned to me after 3 years. Actually I was very hopeless like you guys, even after 2 years, there was no improvement on my sleep.

Then I found about Raw Vegan Lifestyle. A lady on YouTube cured her insomnia and many other problems with Raw Vegan Diet.

I noticed my sleep time gradually increasing from ZERO sleep, to 4hr, 6hr, 7hr... and after 6plus years , it's up to 10hr sleep every night and some days, I sleep on day time, and no problem getting sleep at night  :smitten:

So, for those who worried about sleep, it will come back to you, eat healthy, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, No meat, No diary, No processed food. Just Raw vegetable and Fruits  :thumbsup:

I am elated to read this post. I am also a WFPB (whole food plant-based) foodie too. I have been eating this way since 2013. I am happy it improved your sleep but this diet also comes with many other health benefits. Many ppl confuse vegetarian, vegan, and healthy WFPB. WFPB is the key here. You have to target very specific plant foods to get the optimal benefit from the diet. Junk food Vegan is just as bad and unhealthy as SAD or strict Atkins.

Remember that raw vegan is good for detoxing but it is not sustainable. You will develop deficiencies if you stay on it long term.

Strict WFPB has every micronutrient you need except B12 which can easily be supplemented. Animals actually get their B12 from eating plants. We then eat the animals. That is how we get the B12 from eating the animal flesh. You are probably correct about "100% raw" vegan. I am a whole food plant-based vegan. That is totally sustainable. I have been eating like this sine 2013.

Vitamin B12 is produced by bacteria, not animals or plants. Animals, including humans, must obtain it directly or indirectly from bacteria. Farmed animals receive B12 by eating fortified (supplemented) feed, being exposed to bacteria-laden manure and drinking untreated (contaminated) water

This is so very interesting and I am very happy to hear that you have found your optimal health.

It's hard for most people to avoid meat altogether though.  Is it possible that by avoiding meat and dairy you are simply avoiding all the hormones, antibiotics and preservatives used in those modern industries?  Have you tried organic meats and dairy to see if you could tolerate them?  There is much nutrition in meats and dairy.

You don't have to totally eliminate meat but it should be limited in the human diet (Pritikin is very healthy and easily sustainable long-term). Americans eat way too much meat/dairy and refined/processed carbs (deadly combination). One person dies in the US every 40 seconds of heart disease because of eating the standard American diet. This is the leading killer in both men and women in the US. Genetics does play a role, but this is mostly a lifestyle disease.

When your sleep returned after 3 years, was it 3 years from start of taper or 3 years after being off completely?

Thanks

Hi , do you mean no changes in your sleeep at all for the first 3 months? I just started the raw vegan diet

Are you still on raw vegan diets

• 3 weeks later...

OLUfummy1 -, 100% Raw Vegan is hard to sustain but can be healthy. You don't have to be 100% or raw to get the most health benefits out of a plant based diet. I eat maybe 2-3 oz of meat (no more) daily, no dairy, no sugar, no processed carbs. I eat mostly things like salads, fruits and veggies, oat groats, ton of beans, okra, greens like kale, mustard, and collards, etc. You will be amazed at the improvement in your health biomarkers if you can stick to the diet long-term. I have been eating this way since 2013. Oat groats or steel cut oats are fantastic for lowering bad LDL cholesterol. I can personally testify to that.

It takes about a month for your taste buds to adapt when you radically change your diet like this. After a month, you come to love your new healthy way of eating. I do miss the cheeseburgers, candy, cookies, pizza, etc. but that stuff was slowly killing me. I literally did a food CT. LOL

edit: grammar correction 1/28/22  5:50AM EST

I need to do a food CT. I eat way too much crap and I am almost 53. I want to live as long as possible, so I better clean up my diet. Everybody says their diet is the best. I'm not sure about doing raw vegan or what. I just know that i eat way too much crap. I weigh 138 and my best clothes only fit if I am 124 or below. I could easily get down that far id I quit eating garbage. I admire you guys who eat clean. Good for you! Also, to sleep 10 hours a night and wake up refreshed would be awesome! I haven't slept 10 hours in 4 to 5 years. Must feel lovely.

HM

How long were you on benzos?

The OP was a short-term user. I looked at his profile and read some of his previous posts.

He said>>>

I'm a very short benzo user. I was on Klonopin .25 (Known as Clonotril in India) for 2 and half weeks.

He was not on very long or took very much, so maybe the benzos had little to do with his 3 year inability to sleep, IDK.

I need to do a food CT. I eat way too much crap and I am almost 53. I want to live as long as possible, so I better clean up my diet. Everybody says their diet is the best. I'm not sure about doing raw vegan or what. I just know that i eat way too much crap. I weigh 138 and my best clothes only fit if I am 124 or below. I could easily get down that far id I quit eating garbage. I admire you guys who eat clean. Good for you! Also, to sleep 10 hours a night and wake up refreshed would be awesome! I haven't slept 10 hours in 4 to 5 years. Must feel lovely.

HM

Best book I've read so far for healthy eating:  "Younger You" by Kara Fitzgerald

https://www.amazon.com/Younger-You-Reverse-Age_and-Longer/dp/0306924838/ref=sr_1_1?crid=CNK9OO6KYMV3&keywords=younger+you+kara+fitzgerald&qid=1643907344&s=books&sprefix=younger+you%2Cstripbooks%2C157&sr=1-1

I'm convinced that the principles outlined in this book about changing our epigenetics are at play in our recovery from benzos.

• 1 month later...

Interesting to know the OP was only on benzo's for 2.5 weeks. His/her insomnia probably had nothing to do with benzo's. I am off for 4.5 months now and having a sleep setback. After about 2 to 3 months of averaging 5 hours a night, with the occasional 7 or 8, I am back down to 3 again. I am still functional because I have had longer nights that have creeped in but I was hoping to be DONE with the 0 to 3 nights at this stage.

Hope tonight is better!

HM

2.5 weeks of Benzo use can cause insomnia for some...and I certainly wouldn't rule it out...

IMO 4.5 months is very early for getting sleep back on a regular basis, but if you had 3 months of 5 hours or more per night, that will certainly happen again.

This "wave" that you're in will end in time and you'll be back to 5+ hour nights...

I watched a great documentary on Netflix, of all places, called "The Game Changers" that completely changed my mind about being vegan and NOT eating any meat (including seafood or fish) or dairy.  I am trying the vegan diet for health reasons alone, but if it can improve my sleep even more, that'd be good too!

I have pretty much watched all these type videos ThEwAy2. I do think a whole food plant based diet is the healthiest way to eat (esp. for future disease prevention) but it is very difficult if you are strict. I am not 100% myself. I would say I am 95%. I am currently doing 2 months without any meat but I will go back to a little after the two months I think. I have cut dairy completely out and that was really hard. It is very challenging to give up all animal products, refined carbs, and anything processed. These are the foods most Americans grow up eating. What kid does not like candy bars, cookies and cakes, potato chips, ice cream, and soft drinks? I lived on this stuff growing up as a kid and as an adult.  I miss the cheeseburgers, fries, and large greasy pizzas. (LOL)

AB7

Yes, all good points.  I have the will power though to stop meat and dairy CT...LOL.  I figured if I did it with Benzos, food would be easier?  I've been good for 4 days now so we'll see how it goes?  :thumbsup: