Author Topic: It's been like 6+ years. NO MORE INSOMNIA (10hr sleep every night)  (Read 2033 times)

[Buddie]

Re: It's been like 6+ years. NO MORE INSOMNIA (10hr sleep every night)
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2022, 09:58:35 pm »
Interesting to know the OP was only on benzo's for 2.5 weeks. His/her insomnia probably had nothing to do with benzo's. I am off for 4.5 months now and having a sleep setback. After about 2 to 3 months of averaging 5 hours a night, with the occasional 7 or 8, I am back down to 3 again. I am still functional because I have had longer nights that have creeped in but I was hoping to be DONE with the 0 to 3 nights at this stage.

Hope tonight is better!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 02:00:38 pm »
2.5 weeks of Benzo use can cause insomnia for some...and I certainly wouldn't rule it out...

IMO 4.5 months is very early for getting sleep back on a regular basis, but if you had 3 months of 5 hours or more per night, that will certainly happen again.

This "wave" that you're in will end in time and you'll be back to 5+ hour nights...
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 02:05:01 pm »
Hey guys, hope you all doing great   :thumbsup:

I was already posted my Success story few years ago. Then I thought, ok let's make a post again for those who worried about sleep.

My sleep returned to me after 3 years. Actually I was very hopeless like you guys, even after 2 years, there was no improvement on my sleep.

Then I found about Raw Vegan Lifestyle. A lady on YouTube cured her insomnia and many other problems with Raw Vegan Diet.

So I thought I should give it a try.

And Bingo  :D after few months, I began to start sleeping Normally.

I noticed my sleep time gradually increasing from ZERO sleep, to 4hr, 6hr, 7hr... and after 6plus years , it's up to 10hr sleep every night and some days, I sleep on day time, and no problem getting sleep at night  :smitten:

So, for those who worried about sleep, it will come back to you, eat healthy, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, No meat, No diary, No processed food. Just Raw vegetable and Fruits  :thumbsup:

I watched a great documentary on Netflix, of all places, called "The Game Changers" that completely changed my mind about being vegan and NOT eating any meat (including seafood or fish) or dairy.  I am trying the vegan diet for health reasons alone, but if it can improve my sleep even more, that'd be good too!

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2022, 03:13:31 pm »
I have pretty much watched all these type videos [...]. I do think a whole food plant based diet is the healthiest way to eat (esp. for future disease prevention) but it is very difficult if you are strict. I am not 100% myself. I would say I am 95%. I am currently doing 2 months without any meat but I will go back to a little after the two months I think. I have cut dairy completely out and that was really hard. It is very challenging to give up all animal products, refined carbs, and anything processed. These are the foods most Americans grow up eating. What kid does not like candy bars, cookies and cakes, potato chips, ice cream, and soft drinks? I lived on this stuff growing up as a kid and as an adult.  I miss the cheeseburgers, fries, and large greasy pizzas. (LOL)

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2022, 07:04:37 pm »
AB7

Yes, all good points.  I have the will power though to stop meat and dairy CT...LOL.  I figured if I did it with Benzos, food would be easier?  I've been good for 4 days now so we'll see how it goes?  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2022, 04:23:00 pm »
Thanks for the pep-talk, [...], I am hoping to get back to my 5-hour nights gain soon. Last night was 2 to 3 again after being in ed a LONG time. I have class today from 9 to 5, so I hope I can stay engaged. I went through a period of time; a few weeks, where I could go back to sleep if I used the bathroom in the morning after like 5 or 6. Now, I can't go back to sleep. One time, about a month and a half ago, I slept until 9:30am.

On the diet; I want to lose 20 pounds and be healthier but I think I just want to eat 'old-fashioned clean' and do it that way. If it helps my sleep then that would be great too.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2022, 03:19:21 am »
Are these online classes [...]?

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2022, 12:20:30 pm »
So are there any insomnia success stories from long term (10+ years daily use) benzo users?

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2022, 01:00:59 pm »
Yes...MTFan comes to mind as someone that was on 20(?)+ years and recovered with sleep issues...there are many others too...I believe EastCoast was another and Frieda8?

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2022, 06:19:34 am »
Yes...MTFan comes to mind as someone that was on 20(?)+ years and recovered with sleep issues...there are many others too...I believe EastCoast was another and Frieda8?

Thank you :)