Xanax to klonopin

[Co...]

I think so I just don’t know when to reduce now. Feel some depression creeping in. I know it’s due this the fact I feel “high” and almost drunk on 15mg of lexapro

Have you mentioned this feeling to your doctor, I'm not sure I've seen anyone describe feeling this way when starting an A/D. 

• 2 months later...

Good morning,

I’m pushing 2.5 months benzo free. Still get a lot of headaches, some dizziness, lightheadedness, heart palpitations.  The brain fog is so much better thank the good lord. I still feel just “off”, idk how to explain it. Does the dizzy, lightheadedness, headaches, palpitations get better? Could I still be recovering from benzos? I know they are wicked

• 3 weeks later...
Healing definitely isn’t linear. Some days I feel so off balance, dizzy and headaches a lot which increases my anxiety. Can only 2 months on this stuff have the effect still?

Your brain is busy getting its normal function back, it takes time to rebuild the pathways the drug disrupted.  What you're feeling is absolutely normal, you'll get there.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words. Docs don’t understand this and I’ve been to Drs and ENT who are clueless but I have this weird thing where my head feels like it’s pulsing like a heart beat (it doesn’t hurt). I’m always rocking on a boat. It’s not vertigo. It’s like my eyes are moving in my head but not physically too. I also have this “falling sensation” in my head. Idk how to explain. My mind and body don’t collab sometimes. It takes a second. I multi task a lot and it’s hard to do that right now. Maybe something vestibular. I can walk fine

The descriptions our members come up with to describe this experience are amazing but the best part of it is, there is always someone who can relate, who has the exact same thing.  We may not share every symptom in common but it helps to tamp down the fear when we can find someone who can relate.

Is it a boaty feeling, there is a thread in Support Groups that talks about symptoms you're describing. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=128947.0

• 4 weeks later...
I figured out the boaty/dizzy feeling. I’ve developed a vestibular disorder. Vestibular hypersensitivity, decomposition and central maladaptation. It’s a functional connectivity problem and things aren’t processing right. I’m overstimulated easily and then I’ll get dizzy and my body goes into fight or flight. I hope someone can give me some insight on this and if it’s permanent. My PT said it wasn’t but it’s going to take some time. Has anyone else had vestibular issues that corrected? Side note I’m on 10mg lexapro still but I’ve had A/D withdrawals through all this too. I pray this gets better.