Author Topic: Xanax to klonopin  (Read 1187 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Xanax to klonopin
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 02:54:13 pm »
I suppose Iím just going to rapid taper. See how each day goes. No Xanax since Monday night. Feeling ok this morning. Will take my .25mg klonopin again tonight (3rd day of that) then try to reduce a little tomorrow night. Im just not sure how to cut it right to actually know. I donít want to go down to .125mg that quickly I feel
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2021, 03:44:47 pm »
If your gut is telling you that .125 may be too much too fast then I'd listen to it because feeling nervous about a reduction will almost certainly cause you stress and stress is one of the biggest contributors to increased symptoms.  It's like worrying about it will mean the symptoms are almost guaranteed to be worse, its a sinister and crazy process we're forced to use to get out of this nightmare.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2021, 07:58:47 pm »
Youíre so right. Iím just going to keep taking the .25mg everyday until I see my psychiatrist Monday. Thatíll almost 7 days of it then hopefully taper from there

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 06:11:52 pm »
What would be considered a rapid taper in my situation?

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2021, 07:26:07 pm »
I believe a rapid taper would be to drop to .125 and stay there for at least 4 days then .0625 for 4 days then jump.  You could try this but if you begin to experience unmanageable symptoms by day 3 I'd go back up to .25 and consider another plan.   Tapering is just one big experiment with you as the subject, its an imperfect process but the only one we have.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2021, 07:42:54 pm »
So youíre saying after 4 days of the .0625 jump off completely? I may drag this out a little longer to reduce symptoms. I just think itís the smarter route but like each person, taking it day to day. Iím on day 4 now since .5 Xanax Monday. At the .25mg klonopin daily. Iím ok, a little spaced out but manageable. Am I past the crazy phase of withdrawal from the Xanax?

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2021, 07:47:45 pm »
You asked me for an example of a rapid taper, I gave you one but I'm actually not suggesting it because I believe as you do that we should taper at a rate that leaves us able to function. 

I don't believe you're past the Xanax withdrawal because you've replaced it with Klonopin, the piper will still need to be paid when you start reducing from .25.  I'm hoping it will be mild since you weren't on the drug for very long but we just don't know how it's going to go for each of us.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2021, 10:38:25 pm »
After speaking with my psychiatrist NP it looks like Iíll be doing this the old fashioned way with a pill cutter. He keep telling me my dose is so low there shouldnít be a taperÖIím on day 8 of .25mg klonopin. Previously .5mg Xanax for 22 days. At 2 weeks I need to cut it down. Possibly by 0.0625 since I wonít have access to liquid

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2021, 10:43:37 pm »
There is no low dose of benzo's in my opinion, even those little crumbs have the ability to alter how your brain functions.  I'm glad you're going to taper and many have used pill cutters successfully, or razor blades, you can do this!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2021, 10:55:38 pm »
I agree. This stuff is potent!