Diazapam versus Clonopin

[Ch...]

Have high anxiety and my doc wants me to try diazapam for a couple of days and then choose between that and clonopin.  Does anyone have any opinions.  It seems like clonopin is more popular but I don't know why  thankyou

Diazepam takes a few days to build up in your system as it has a longer half-life than Clonazepam. Therefore it's not adviced to just stop your klonopin and start Diazepam, but rather do a slow crossover to minimize withdrawal.

I haven't found "popular" benzos as such on the forum, rather benzos that each individual can tolerate and works for the individual taper.

Have high anxiety and my doc wants me to try diazapam for a couple of days and then choose between that and clonopin.  Does anyone have any opinions.  It seems like clonopin is more popular but I don't know why  thankyou

Hi Charlene, it looks like you’ve been off benzos for sometime from your summary, have you talked to your doc about a non benzo solution/s

thank you Jelly Belly.  Diazipam did not work siginificant bloating.  How do I fix.  Please help

Charlene, your history is very complicated. You've received some very valuable advice from Pamster and slownsteady in your other thread and I would go with that.

Hi Charlene,

IMO a few days of diazepam is not a sufficient trial of the drug; it can take weeks for a daily doses of diazepam to reach full potency, as Jelly Baby explained. I think a few days on diazepam from clonazepam would likely cause only increased withdrawal symptoms due to the sudden short-to-long benzo cross taking place and the dip in blood serum levels. I wouldn't recommend it.

Diazepam has been reported to interfere with DAO, which I think is the primary anti-histamine in the body produced in the gut and used to neutralize histamine from foods and other sources of inflammation. I personally did not switch to diazepam because I have a sensitive gut.

I suggest replying to your other tapering thread with updates, questions or concerns. My suggestion is still to find a dose of clonazepam that you can take consistently without continuing to updose.

I hope this helps.  :)