9-12 Month Support Group

[Gu...]

Hey all, There used to be a 6-12 month group in "Support Groups" but it has not been active for years.  I would like to hear from  buddies in the 9-12 month range (more or less) who would be interested in starting a Support Group for those of us in the 9-12 month range of recovery (i.e., 9-12 month post jump)?  I guess a new group would be allowed since the other group is inactive.  At least I have not seen any other group that might be relevant.  Maybe I shouldn't have posted here but there seem to be so many buddies around that time frame.  I can't remember everyone whom I've seen here who are at 9-12 months, so I thought it might be comforting if we could meet in one place (and maybe not have to read Post-Withdrawal Recovery Support posts from people who are years out!).  Please reply and let me know.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Gu...]

• [Ac...]

• [Th...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!  I'll wait to get more replies so people will know about the new group, then I'll start it (if I can figure out how).  Thanks, Karla

Hey all, There used to be a 6-12 month group in "Support Groups" but it has not been active for years.  I would like to hear from  buddies in the 9-12 month range (more or less) who would be interested in starting a Support Group for those of us in the 9-12 month range of recovery (i.e., 9-12 month post jump)?  I guess a new group would be allowed since the other group is inactive.  At least I have not seen any other group that might be relevant.  Maybe I shouldn't have posted here but there seem to be so many buddies around that time frame.  I can't remember everyone whom I've seen here who are at 9-12 months, so I thought it might be comforting if we could meet in one place (and maybe not have to read Post-Withdrawal Recovery Support posts from people who are years out!).  Please reply and let me know.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=107505.msg3326617#msg3326617  :thumbsup:

Hey Pamster, I posted in that thread twice already trying to revive it.  I guess no one is interested.  There was no interest even in the Post Withdrawal Recovery Support thread.  Oh well.

Hey Pamster, I posted in that thread twice already trying to revive it.  I guess no one is interested.  There was no interest even in the Post Withdrawal Recovery Support thread.  Oh well.

I thought there were a few people in this thread who displayed an interest, Ctone, Karlitok2003 and Stupid mistake, that's why I posted the link.

For those of you still interested in this 9-12 Month Post-Jump thread, I thought I would try to keep the thread alive.  I am now 8-1/2 months off after approximately 5 months use.  I still take Prozac and am afraid to taper off it.  I am still in shock that this has happened to me.  How are you all doing???  We should be in a promising period of recovery between 9 - 12 months.  But if you are like me, you get discouraged and think that your pace of healing points to a longer time frame.  Let's hope that is not the case. Keep in touch and we can "float" through this together.  Courage!  All the best to everyone out there facing the holidays in a not so normal state of mind.

I'm in a 3 1/2 month insomnia and tinnitus wave and have had some rapid cycling of symptoms that come and go but the tinnitus is pretty constant and some days I feel like Superman after a good sleep. I hope I'm turning a big corner soon because it's been a hellish ride for 10 1/2 months.

SM, Sure sounds like you are heading uphill and doing well for 10-1/2 months.  Superman is an amazing feeling!  Hope you get more and more days like that.  Are those all of your remaining symptoms?  When do you see the most improvement?

SM, Sure sounds like you are heading uphill and doing well for 10-1/2 months.  Superman is an amazing feeling!  Hope you get more and more days like that.  Are those all of your remaining symptoms?  When do you see the most improvement?

I still have some numbness in my outer thigh that comes and goes and headaches and stomach discomfort. My worse symptom was the insomnia, I had it bad and it's still adjusting. I'm not taking anything to help with sleep anymore but I have a noisy downstairs neighbor. I don't have any certain times that are bad. The tinnitus is pretty loud still but I'm hoping it will break eventually. I hope your doing ok Guardian Angel !!

Thanks SM, Every day is different yet every day is the same.  I am heading in the right direction but progress is a mixed bag, as you must know!!! 

For those of you in the 9-12 month post jump period, according to one of the studies often cited here on BB,  67% of us should heal by 12 months.  Let's keep that possibility in our thoughts as we come up upon that possible milestone.  How is everyone doing in their 9th and 10th months?  That seems to be a crucial point for some.  Many buddies have turned a definitive corner after 9 and 10 months, others experience big waves during that time, followed by vast improvement.  My progress is so gradual I have a hard time recognizing that it is taking place.  Good holidays to you all.  Let's keep this thread alive!!!  If you know other buddies 9-12 months in recovery, ask them to contribute to this thread.  Stupid Mistake, Having a Mare, Ctone, and Karlitok, thinking of you all.  Holding all close to my heart.

I'll join. I'm 9 months off and in a big wave.  I take try to take breaks from the board to do some healing, but the last few days I've needed the buddies here.  Thanks for doing this

Accidental and Dude, Good to hear from both of you.  A 9 month wave is pretty common, unfortunately.  I've had a wave-ish 9th month too.  Keep in touch!!! 

Hi,

Happy this group is here. I'm at 10.5 months and was doing pretty well. My mood was often good and since psychological symptoms-depression and despair-were my main symptoms, that was a relief.

But now I've been in a wave for about 8 days and it's been scary and sad. I think I partially caused it because I've been working a lot and my coffee intake increased from 1/2 cup to a cup.  I've now cut it way down to two sips and will drop it . My work load had decreased and I have one more full day of a contract tomorrow.

My main symtoms are depression, weepiness, hot flashes, some sweating, burning skin, and internal trembling.  I worry this wave won't end and that I will get stuck here.

Trying to accept whats going on but this has really thrown me.

Final healing, Glad to see you join the group.  Several of us are around the same time frame.  I am on my last week of month 9 and feel just as stuck as you are.  Now, we both know we won't be stuck here forever, but I am just as convinced as you that this might be as good as it gets.  All I know is that I've read that many people go through some brutal waves between 9 and 12 months, then turn a corner for good.  So don't worry, it is the nature of a wave to convince us that it's permanent.  But it's not.  I know that.  Isn't acceptance HARD????!!!  But it is also the last stage of grief, so psychologically if we can master acceptance we might be well on the way to helping ourselves get through this process in which we feel soooooo helpless.  Please stay in touch.  Once you are healed I don't think you will be able to "cause" yourself to have a wave.  When you're healed, you're healed.

I really appreciate your perspective on many levels Guardian Angel.

I am glad to know that the 9-12 month phenomenon is a real thing and it's not just me.  I have known on some level there was more healing to go but I didn't expect this long of a wave. Is there a place to read about the 9-12 month wave thing?

I also appreciate your thoughts on accepting this last stage of grief. That's what it feels like, grief. I experienced the pain of withdrawal and have felt it was a transformational experience for me. I learned on a deep level why I ended up on meds and how those unresolved parts of me led me to where I am. There are remaining pieces of those issues that I still work on but I really know what the source is.

And finally, thank you for saying that once we get through this final wave, that we won't be able to cause a wave because we will be healed.  I know that doesn't mean I can trample on my body, mind and spirit, but I don't want to do that anyway. 

Please know that I'm rooting for your wave to end soon and that we both can take a big sigh of relief when they are done.

You found this thread!  What a thoughtful reply, Final healing.  If you google "benzo buddies and 9 month wave" you will find links to a lot of posts throughout the years.  Whenever I am searching for answers I use google instead of the BB search.  I always type "benzo buddies and ...."  whatever I am searching for.  Keep in touch and keep us posted on your progress.

Hello everyone. Guardian Angel linked me to this thread so I will try and stay active here. I'm on my 9th month benzo free and a wave is beating me strong. I don't know if to call it a wave since i haven't had a single window since october. I just feel like my usual baseline has got worse

Wishing a happy new year to everyone and a full recovery!

Hi trendym3,

I understand how awful it is to have a wave push us to the ground. I've had different waves hit me during my time off and even though I know they are part of the journey, they still throw me.

They do end. My most recent one is lifting and when I was in the middle of it, I thought it never would. Most people don't understand that a wave is much more than having a bad weeks but we do.

Waves do end and yours will too. It's not your fault, you have done nothing wrong and you will get better as hundreds of people have before us.

Final Healing