Author Topic: 9-12 Month Support Group  (Read 4420 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 9-12 Month Post-Jump Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2022, 10:36:51 pm »
AD, Glad to hear from you.  Any change at all can rev up symptoms, so my guess is that quitting the hydroxyzine is contributing to what you are feeling.  They always tell us that drugs aren't supposed to cause this or that.  I have heard it a million times. 

I am still shaky and have the chest thing, and my hr is all over the place too.  Yea, it is hard to imagine that we will be healed by 12 months.  But I've read a lot of posts about months 9 and 10 being especially bad for some people.  For others though it can be a real turning point.  We just never know.  I am into my 10th month.  I cannot believe I just said that. 

I hope you level off and start feeling better.  Luckily even if we are not positive we still heal. 

Also, this group might be moved to the Support Group section, so be sure to check in there. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 12:48:51 am »
I'm glad you think it could be quitting the hydro.  I don't know what else it could be.  Like a lot of us, I've wracked my brain to try to figure out the cause, and I think that's a pretty big change.  I didn't take it every day, but almost.  Enough that 3 days without and I think my body would be like "hey wait a minute- where's that antihistamine?". I'm the shakiest I've been since acute, probably, and it's not abating here in the evening. 

I'm sorry you're revved up too!  For you, is it mental, physical, or both?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2022, 12:53:37 am »
I will be 9 months out in 5 days. I also cannot believe I just said that. I am struggling a lot the past month and currently. I have low mood, easily overwhelmed and fatigue. I also have body pains that prevent me from walking regularly. I know I have come a long way but I still feel pretty crappy this past month. I like to read things about how the trend is x/y/z and then bam - healing. I hope to be part of that trend!

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2022, 10:45:27 am »
I'm having a zero night- no sleep.  If this is from discontinuing hydroxyzine it's really bad. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2022, 10:47:51 am »
Hello everyone! Thanks [...] for the check up. You couldn't have described it better, the pendulum analogy is one I will write on my diary. I'm 9 months and 6 days out today and I feel like my physical symptoms have slowed down in intensity. A few days ago I had like a small window which tbh felt like I was finally stable in this bouncy castle of mine (my body). As for the mental ones I still have pretty intense intrusive thoughts and an overall feeling of not being comfortable at all, like I'm not even myself sometimes.
Tonight I had one of those panick moments where I feel like my arms stop working and I'm dying right there so I wake up immediately only to see I'm fine. I hate when this happens cause it leaves me drained and almost like confused with my own mind.

I hope the new few weeks are better for everyone and I also have finally got used to eating no added sugars, which helps a lot.
Sending a big hug  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2022, 03:14:28 pm »
Hi AD, HH, Trendy, so good to hear from you all.  Sounds like we are all going through similar changes. 

AD, For me it is both mental and physical.  They play off each other.  My shaking is worse some days and I still cannot find rhyme or reason.  I really do think your uptick is caused by the hydroxyzine.  Our bodies are sensitive to any and all chemicals, even in food.  That said, hopefully if you stay off it you will stabilize soon.  I did a google search for "benzo buddies and hydroxyzine" and turned up some interesting posts - some about whether there is a hydroxyzine withdrawal effect.  Why don't you see if you find anything helpful. I hope you get some relief today.  That's awful to have a sleepless night, so sorry.

HH, Yea, those instant healing stories are the best.  They describe it as a light switch turning on.  Those stories are more common than you would think.  They are not miracle healings, they are just one of the patterns.  The most recent instant healing story I heard was on this youtube video by Neighbor Bob who never had windows, was a gradual healer, suffered a lot, went to bed a total mess one night after a month's surge in symptoms, then woke up totally healed the next morning.  This was at 17-1/2 months off.  I have read many stories like that. 

Trendy, Confused with our own minds, I agree.  I am panicking this morning.  I always have morning anxiety, and at various times of the day my anxiety escalates, but some mornings are almost intolerable.  So glad you are part of this group.  I would like to get more 9-12 monthers to contribute.  No one wants to graduate to the next level up (the 12-24 month group).

Did I mention that this thread might be moved to the Support Groups section?  So keep an eye out. 

And, take a moment to appreciate how far you've come!!!  We never know how much farther we have to go, but every day we get one day closer to the goal.

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2022, 04:14:19 pm »

Did I mention that this thread might be moved to the Support Groups section?  So keep an eye out. 

I moved it yesterday so everyone who has posted in this thread will see it in Support Groups.  I'll keep an eye out for other members who share this timeline so I can send them over.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2022, 04:14:49 pm »
Thanks, [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2022, 04:21:51 pm »

AD, For me it is both mental and physical.  They play off each other.  My shaking is worse some days and I still cannot find rhyme or reason.  I really do think your uptick is caused by the hydroxyzine.  Our bodies are sensitive to any and all chemicals, even in food.  That said, hopefully if you stay off it you will stabilize soon.  I did a google search for "benzo buddies and hydroxyzine" and turned up some interesting posts - some about whether there is a hydroxyzine withdrawal effect.  Why don't you see if you find anything helpful. I hope you get some relief today.  That's awful to have a sleepless night, so sorry.

I did look that up just now, thanks. Seemed like there were mixed opinions/experiences, like anything here.  It certainly seems possible.  I had expected some difficulty, but did not expect an acute like feeling!

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2022, 11:04:49 pm »
I broke down and took Hydroxyzine.  I have no inclination to feel like I'm in acute.  But alas, adding it back resulted in no change so it must just be a nasty wave.