Author Topic: 9-12 Month Support Group  (Read 3908 times)

[Buddie]

9-12 Month Post-Jump Thread
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 05:01:00 pm »
For those of you still interested in this 9-12 Month Post-Jump thread, I thought I would try to keep the thread alive.   I am now 8-1/2 months off after approximately 5 months use.  I still take Prozac and am afraid to taper off it.  I am still in shock that this has happened to me.  How are you all doing???  We should be in a promising period of recovery between 9 - 12 months.  But if you are like me, you get discouraged and think that your pace of healing points to a longer time frame.  Let's hope that is not the case. Keep in touch and we can "float" through this together.  Courage!  All the best to everyone out there facing the holidays in a not so normal state of mind.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 9-12 Month Post-Jump Thread
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 12:45:39 am »
I'm in a 3 1/2 month insomnia and tinnitus wave and have had some rapid cycling of symptoms that come and go but the tinnitus is pretty constant and some days I feel like Superman after a good sleep. I hope I'm turning a big corner soon because it's been a hellish ride for 10 1/2 months.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 01:08:19 pm »
SM, Sure sounds like you are heading uphill and doing well for 10-1/2 months.  Superman is an amazing feeling!  Hope you get more and more days like that.  Are those all of your remaining symptoms?  When do you see the most improvement?

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2021, 03:27:38 pm »
SM, Sure sounds like you are heading uphill and doing well for 10-1/2 months.  Superman is an amazing feeling!  Hope you get more and more days like that.  Are those all of your remaining symptoms?  When do you see the most improvement?
I still have some numbness in my outer thigh that comes and goes and headaches and stomach discomfort. My worse symptom was the insomnia, I had it bad and it's still adjusting. I'm not taking anything to help with sleep anymore but I have a noisy downstairs neighbor. I don't have any certain times that are bad. The tinnitus is pretty loud still but I'm hoping it will break eventually. I hope your doing ok [...] !!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2021, 03:49:53 pm »
Thanks SM, Every day is different yet every day is the same.  I am heading in the right direction but progress is a mixed bag, as you must know!!!   

[Buddie]

Re: 9-12 Month - How are you doing now?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2021, 05:52:06 pm »
For those of you in the 9-12 month post jump period, according to one of the studies often cited here on BB,  67% of us should heal by 12 months.  Let's keep that possibility in our thoughts as we come up upon that possible milestone.  How is everyone doing in their 9th and 10th months?  That seems to be a crucial point for some.  Many buddies have turned a definitive corner after 9 and 10 months, others experience big waves during that time, followed by vast improvement.  My progress is so gradual I have a hard time recognizing that it is taking place.  Good holidays to you all.  Let's keep this thread alive!!!  If you know other buddies 9-12 months in recovery, ask them to contribute to this thread.  [...], [...], [...], and Karlitok, thinking of you all.  Holding all close to my heart.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2021, 12:41:26 am »
I'll join. I'm 9 months off and in a big wave.  I take try to take breaks from the board to do some healing, but the last few days I've needed the buddies here.  Thanks for doing this

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2021, 05:06:18 pm »
Sure

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2021, 08:20:31 pm »
Accidental and Dude, Good to hear from both of you.  A 9 month wave is pretty common, unfortunately.  I've had a wave-ish 9th month too.  Keep in touch!!! 

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2021, 02:02:07 pm »
Hi,

Happy this group is here. I'm at 10.5 months and was doing pretty well. My mood was often good and since psychological symptoms-depression and despair-were my main symptoms, that was a relief.

But now I've been in a wave for about 8 days and it's been scary and sad. I think I partially caused it because I've been working a lot and my coffee intake increased from 1/2 cup to a cup.  I've now cut it way down to two sips and will drop it . My work load had decreased and I have one more full day of a contract tomorrow.

My main symtoms are depression, weepiness, hot flashes, some sweating, burning skin, and internal trembling.  I worry this wave won't end and that I will get stuck here.

Trying to accept whats going on but this has really thrown me.