I was switched from Xanax to Diazepam.Now I want to CT diazepam

[Pe...]

I used Xanax on/off for 2 years,evey couple of months when I feel anxios I take them without schedule.Sometimes 0.50 daily sometimes 0.75 and maximum dose was 1.5 mg.Last time I build up dependency so 1.5mg was not enough for me so I asked for help.My therapist try some fast tapper and from 1.5mg switch me to only 0.5mg in the morning and prazepam 5mg on lunch and 5 mg before bed.After 2 weeks she kicked out Xanax and I was only on prazepam 5 mgx3 times a day.Two week ago she give me diazepam 2 mg morming and 2 mg afternoon because I have tremors and frequent panick atacks.So diazepam work for me but only for 2 weeks.For.the last 3 days I have symptoms which I don't know is it xanax withdrawal wave or I've build up diazepam dependency and my body ask for more because every 4,5 hours after my dose I'm starting to shivering.Taking another dose relax me and stop shivering.So I want to stop them.Stop taking any kind of benzo.Im feeling better without them.Is it safe? It's safe to quit them with last xanax dose 1 month ago,and diazepam 4 mg daily?My only concern is seizures.

If you were taking 1.5 mgs of Xanax a day with any consistency, then your dose crossing over to Prazepam should have been roughly 25 mgs.  Its tough to find an equivalent for Prazepam but its somewhere between 10 and 20 mgs equivalent to 10 mgs Diazepam.  I can see why you needed to go on Diazepam, you were undermedicated.

Is it your intention to stop just the Diazepam or the Prazepam as well?

Edit: Added more information.

If you were taking 1.5 mgs of Xanax a day with any consistency, then your dose crossing over to Prazepam should have been roughly 25 mgs.  Its tough to find an equivalent for Prazepam but its somewhere between 10 and 20 mgs equivalent to Diazepam.  I can see why you needed to go on Diazepam, you were undermedicated.

Is it your intention to stop just the Diazepam or the Prazepam as well?

I didn't feel nothing from prazepam.They didn't work for me.That's why doc switched me over Diazepam.But now I started to be resistant to diazepam and that's why I want to stop taking any benzo.They work for me about 1-2 months than I become resistant to them and make my anxiety worse.

You're not resistant to Diazepam (Valium) but rather have reached "Tolerance."

Tolerance is when the current dose doesn't do what it previously did.  The only solution is to increase the dose

The issue is Diazepam has a long half life....up to a 100 hours or more for most so it's somewhat suprising that it "doesn't work" for you?

I would consider tapering off as Benzos cannot treat, cure or prevent anything and are simply band aids that mask symptoms.  There are other ways to cope with anxiety other than Rx drugs.

Good luck!