Mirtazapine increase

[Ol...]

Hi everyone

Going on three month mark of no benzos. Feeling the withdrawal but also feeling with what I suspect an increase in anxiety. Have a session with my doctor on Tuesday ( tomorrow)

Currently on 15 mg Mirtazapine which was rx’d for sleep and anxiety.

Feeling dizzy, ears ringing and tingling. Classic withdrawal symptoms.

I think tho it may be also increased anxiety.

Don’t want any other drugs but was curious if anyone has gone from a lower dose to a higher one because of increased anxiety? Did it help?

Just hate another drug and it’s side effects.

Will ask my doctor but would appreciate advice.

Thanks

Old Sal

• 4 weeks later...
Mirtazapine generally better for anxiety/sleep at lower doses like 7.5mg.  Once you get to 15 and up the norepinephrine effect starts to kick in. 

so, i don't understand how people are able to take this drug and not gain a significant amount of weight. i'm a naturally thin, fit mid-30s guy and if i even look at a bottle of mirtazapine i gain like 10 lbs and it doesn't stop.

it works, but the detriments outweigh the benefits for me and i wish that they didn't.

so, i don't understand how people are able to take this drug and not gain a significant amount of weight. i'm a naturally thin, fit mid-30s guy and if i even look at a bottle of mirtazapine i gain like 10 lbs and it doesn't stop.

it works, but the detriments outweigh the benefits for me and i wish that they didn't.

Mirt absolutely saved me during the worst parts of BWD/acute. It masked the severity of the BWD symptoms for me and let me sleep at night/helped me hold down a job, so I accepted the weight gain as a side effect even though it sucked for sure.

Mirt absolutely saved me during the worst parts of BWD/acute. It masked the severity of the BWD symptoms for me and let me sleep at night/helped me hold down a job, so I accepted the weight gain as a side effect even though it sucked for sure.

i used it  to taper off of ambien and yeah, it helped, but then it was really hard to get off of mirtazapine, so i felt like i was trading one chemical dependency for another, which i totally was.

i mean, it doesn't help that i suffer from an underlying pretty severe anxiety disorder, so i need to be on something, i just want to be on the least amount of whatever that is as possible to minimize side effects. if mirt didn't have such a terrible side effect profile, i'd stay on that med for life bc it does, indeed, work really well to squash anxiety.