Help! Don’t know what to do.

[mr...]

Long story…

I am on .75mg of Klonopin.  Next Monday I am switching to Valium. My psychiatrist told me to just use Gabapentin until the Valium fully kicks in.  Been on Klonopin daily for about 4 weeks.

Long story I was on 10mg of Valium a day but mainly at night for sleep anxiety since 2012 to 2021 due to military PTSD.

I stupidly switched to Ambien 5mg back in early 2021 which then increased to 30 mg a night for a few months.  On 7 Sept 2021 I had a major panic attack from a buildup of stress.

When this happened I developed bad anxiety and agoraphobia and was bedbound for 2 months and took Ambien 30mg a night to sleep and stop the anxiety.

When this occurred, I stopped my Zoloft 50mg cold turkey when my panic attack happened because too much time passed and I was scared to restart. When I was bed-bound from Sept-Nov 15, I was taking 30mg Ambien night and each day was having horrible inter-dose withdrawals which I never knew about.

I went to a behavioral hospital for 10 days because I was going crazy and got out the day before Thanksgiving. 

The hospital put me back on 50mg Zoloft, 1mg Klonopin (I assume to replace the Ambien) and 300mg Gabapentin 3x a day.

I’ve been on the Klonopin Gabapentin for about a month so far.

2012-Mar 2021

5-10mg Valium / Nightly

100mg Zoloft

3/21 - 09/21

5mg Ambien / Nightly

09/21 - Nov 15 2021

30mg Ambien / Nightly

(Experienced bad inter-dose withdrawals)

Nov 15, 2021

Admitted myself to a behavioral hospital to get stable.

Nov 24 2021- Current

.75mg Klonopin

300mg Gabapentin 3x a day

75mg Zoloft

Currently, I have personally changed my klonopin to .75mg a day and changed my Gabapentin to 150mg 3x a day.

I currently am experiencing small body jerking when sitting and it’s annoying.

Did I lower my Gabapentin too fast?

I don’t feel that stable yet.

Why would they have me on Gabapentin and Klonopin together since I am not tapering yet?

Any suggestions on whether I should go back up on the Gabapentin and slooowly taper it only after a month and if I should have moved to Valium again.

This sounds complicated.  Have you spoken to your doctor about the dose changes?  I would definitely talk to the doctor about where you need to be on dosing.  Messing about with your doses on your own can cause problems. 

Going down on the Klonopin could have caused symptoms in addition to the dose change on the Gapapentin. 

It's usually suggested that you keep your other meds on board while you taper your benzo. Benzos are generally the hardest meds to taper and your other meds can provide some support for that.  You can taper them later if needed.