Weird episode last night

[Be...]

I slept a little better this week, and generally felt better (except for fatigue, work has been stressful this week.)

Last evening I had a weird episode. Chest and upper abs felt sore for an extended amount of time, accompanied by strained breathing. I felt dizzy and unsteady, with my brain feeling easily overstimulated. Muscles got very tight. Oxygen levels were fine, HR got in the 90’s, and BP was slightly elevated. The most intense portion of the episode lasted a couple hours. Still not sure what it was, but I’m feeling tied and sore this morning.

Sounds like a typical wave to me.  I think a lot of people experience chest pain and tightness.  It's normal for it to affect arms as well.  I think you said you already got checked for heart disease?  Anyway, sounds like a one of those nasty waves of withdrawal symptoms.

Sounds like a typical wave to me.  I think a lot of people experience chest pain and tightness.  It's normal for it to affect arms as well.  I think you said you already got checked for heart disease?  Anyway, sounds like a one of those nasty waves of withdrawal symptoms.

Yeah, I had a ultrasound that came out okay, but I’m going in for a CT next month to check for plaque build-up. I’m a bit nervous about that because I’m gonna have to take beta-blockers, nitroglycerin, and contrast for the test, and I have no idea how my body will react.

Yeah, I had a ultrasound that came out okay, but I’m going in for a CT next month to check for plaque build-up. I’m a bit nervous about that because I’m gonna have to take beta-blockers, nitroglycerin, and contrast for the test, and I have no idea how my body will react.

I hope it will all turn out better than you imagine!  Sorry you have to go through that. 

Sounds like a mini panic attack? Alternatively, how’s your blood sugar? Any food that could have triggered it?

I actually am not sure how my blood sugar is. When I had blood drawn recently, they checked my hebaglobin (not even sure if that’s the right word lol) and said based on that, I’m not currently at risk for diabetes. But other than that, I have no idea.

• 1 month later...

I did this ct, did you do it yet?

No, I had to reschedule after I got sick. Mine is now rescheduled for March. How’d yours go?

I dont like the contrast they use. I think it can cause issues , I wish I didn't do it but in this state it's hard to know what is what

I dont like the contrast they use. I think it can cause issues , I wish I didn't do it but in this state it's hard to know what is what

Why don’t you like the contrast? I’ve only ever had it once before, and nothing happened. Hopefully, nothings changed in that department. But they also want to give me something to slow down my heartbeat and nitroglycerin to expand my veins. Makes me very nervous.