Author Topic: Just started my crossover  (Read 3660 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Switching today. Nervous.
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2021, 10:36:19 pm »
I wish you nothing but the best. I am on clonazapam, and when i started my doc tried to switch me over to valium and i got so sick...but i believe many of here have done what you are doing with good success. Make sure you keep us posted hun.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2021, 10:37:35 pm »
Do you have any Klonopin left, if you do I'd sure use it to make the cross.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2021, 10:50:33 pm »
Yes I have some but I donít want to mix.

Below is the schedule that I came up with.

Any suggestions or changes I should make?

Day 0
AM - 0.5mg K
NIGHT - 0.5mg K

Day 1
AM - 0.25mg K
MID - 0.25mg K
NIGHT - 10mg of V

Hold for 3 days

Day 4
AM - 5mg of V
MID - 0.25mg K
NIGHT - 10mg of V

Hold for 3 days

Day 7
AM - 5mg of V
NIGHT - 15mg of V

Hold for 3 weeks

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2021, 11:00:25 pm »
It looks like you're going to mix it a little bit on days 1-7.

From what I read it can take up to a month for the Valium to reach full potency and you're going to discontinue your Klonopin in 7 days, this could leave you without full coverage.  I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress this will be a learning experience for all of us.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2021, 11:02:01 pm »
Do you have any better schedules that you can think of? Iím trying to do a schedule without mixing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2021, 11:04:10 pm »
Below is what Iím using as an example.

http://www.benzosupport.org/crossover_schedules.htm

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2021, 11:05:51 pm »
Mixing is the whole point of a slow crossover, its to make the transition back to Valium less painful.

If you have enough Klonopin, I'd take more time to give the Valium a chance to work before you take away the Klonopin, it could really hurt if the Valium hasn't taken effect yet.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2021, 11:07:25 pm »
Below is what Iím using as an example.

http://www.benzosupport.org/crossover_schedules.htm

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

You could certainly start with this schedule but if you hurt, I'd be ready to slow things down.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2021, 11:23:00 pm »
Yeah but thatís the dilemma.  How do you cross if your doctor doesnít help?

Finding a doctor that goes with this is not easy and I need to start soon. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2021, 12:07:35 am »
I can see your dilemma, why do you need to start soon?