Which vaccine do you recommend?

[...]

If I'm forced to take the Covid vaccine for work (I have natural immunity) - which one would you recommend? Which one did you take and what were the side effects for WD people?

A benzo person I follow on Twitter recommended Pfizer for people with chronic issues (whether benzo WD or anything else), so that's what I got. Two regular shots, plus a booster last Friday.

I had a sore arm + fatigue with the first one, sore arm only for the second, and sore arm + night sweats / temperature disregulation for the booster. (Night sweats only lasted one night! That was 3 days ago and I'm fine now.)

A benzo person I follow on Twitter recommended Pfizer for people with chronic issues (whether benzo WD or anything else), so that's what I got. Two regular shots, plus a booster last Friday.

I had a sore arm + fatigue with the first one, sore arm only for the second, and sore arm + night sweats / temperature disregulation for the booster. (Night sweats only lasted one night! That was 3 days ago and I'm fine now.)

This is really interesting!! Our of luck of the draw I ended up with Pfizer instead of moderna but I would love to look into this more. Do you happen to remember the name of the person you follow? I'm so interested to learn more about this!

Thanks, all, for sharing!

My friend's dad took Pfizer - not a WD sufferer - about a year ago, in Israel, and he had severe side effects to the point where the docs agreed it was the vaccine. He's still not okay. So I'm worried. I guess that can happen with any vaccine.

If anyone else still has experience with the vaccine and COVID symptoms, please share.

Moderna x3. Sore arm, fatigue, chills after 2nd shot. Just got my booster today so not sure how it will go, but so far my arm barely hurts (got the shot 1.5 hours ago).

Moderna and Pfizer seem to be the usual recommendations, and mix and match when you get to your booster. I've been following epidemiologists on Twitter talking about this.

I'm in the UK and in my forties, had AZ for the first two doses, and will probably get Moderna for the booster, which I'm good with, as it adds a huge amount of protection.

Unfortunately, natural immunity doesn't do much, as the virus mutates so much. A woman I knew from school died of her second round of covid in January, aged 44. My partner and I probably had covid at the start, when you couldn't get tested, and we had been a smidgen more casual about risks afterwards, assuming we had natural protection. We were more careful after she died.

I know there's a lot of odd fuss about vaccines online, but half the planet has had covid jabs now, this is an enormous data pool, and they have a fantastic safety record. Getting jabbed keeps you safer, and it's the right thing to do to protect the people you work with. Thank you for going ahead with it, despite your apprehensions.

Moderna and Pfizer seem to be the usual recommendations, and mix and match when you get to your booster. I've been following epidemiologists on Twitter talking about this.

I'm in the UK and in my forties, had AZ for the first two doses, and will probably get Moderna for the booster, which I'm good with, as it adds a huge amount of protection.

Unfortunately, natural immunity doesn't do much, as the virus mutates so much. A woman I knew from school died of her second round of covid in January, aged 44. My partner and I probably had covid at the start, when you couldn't get tested, and we had been a smidgen more casual about risks afterwards, assuming we had natural protection. We were more careful after she died.

I know there's a lot of odd fuss about vaccines online, but half the planet has had covid jabs now, this is an enormous data pool, and they have a fantastic safety record. Getting jabbed keeps you safer, and it's the right thing to do to protect the people you work with. Thank you for going ahead with it, despite your apprehensions.

Hi Polly,

In an effort to keep the forum safe for everyone we've had to put a moratorium on comments about Covid and the vaccines to only include how the vaccine has affected your taper and recovery.  This subject tends to send people to their respective corners as you know.

Here is our policy.

(Heated) arguments about COVID and vaccines do not further the Mission of BB and are generally unhelpful to members in their goals of achieving better health. We have therefore decided to prohibit discussion about COVID and related matters. Members are free to state their vaccination status and share their reactions, but this is the limit of what we will allow.

Pamster

I had the Johnson & Johnson one shot.  No sore arm and only tired for a couple of days.  Getting J & J booster next week.

I was very nervous about getting it but it turned out fine.