Author Topic: I have found a potential cure to your benzo withdrawal!! PLEASE READ!! *UPDATED*  (Read 2326 times)

[Buddie]

[...], what you've produced is a cartload of  prescriptive writing. "Do this, avoid that . . ." blah blah blah. This is precisely the kid of writing and behavior we're enjoined NOT to engage in on here. We can offer up our own experiences and label them as such, but not prescribe them for others. Do you see the difference? I might be interested in learning what you did that benefitted you, but I don't appreciate being told what to do. You do not have the magic bullet, the secret of life, the revealed truth about benzo withdrawal. What you did work(ed) for you. Period. and you may be excited about it. But stop shoving this down people's throats. It's not only against forum rules here, it's arrogant beyond belief. The title of your post is at best giggle-worthy and at worst insulting.

I'm gad you found things that worked for you. You should have labeled your post as such. Really.

:nono:

[...]

Could I have worded things better? Yes. Am I excited that I finally got out of hell and found a way to do so? Sure am. Did some of that get in the way of what I had to say? Obviously. I also typed all of that in a matter of 20 minutes and didn't go back to fine tune it for people like you. But look at you.. You're one to talk. I don't really care if you want to nitpick. " but I don't appreciate being told what to do". Grow up. I'm trying to help people. The hard truth is that benzos are not some magic horror pill. You do not need to go out and conjure a secret potion specific to everyone's case. I'm simply saying how a lot of other people can use said resources to help the body heal from benzodiazepines. If you don't want to take from this post to your own benefit, then so be it. Move on. Pretty crazy how you're actually offended on a post attempting to help others on an issue that we all here are suffering from to varying degrees.

I have noticed an unfortunate trend here that a lot of people are very sour and easily offended in ways I can't comprehend. You're here for help or to give help, if not, get out. Almost everything you said in your post is flat rude and childish.
[/b]

Blah blah blah….

Sorry mate but there is no magic bullet!
And a "Big Mac with extra fries" come on  :D

I’ll give it another hour until admin remove this "junk" from success story’s.

Billy  :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 08:10:38 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Not a fan of the advice given here, and it’s barely a success story, much more advice giving. “Cut out ALL aerobic exercise.” is bad, saying to eat as much as you possibly can is also contrary to medical studies showing that calorie deficits improve brain injury recovery, increase BDNF by up to 2,000%, facilitating new neuron production, etc. The body may be restricting our food intake on purpose, much like how dissociation is the bodies mechanism to protect us from overwhelming negative emotions. Digestion takes a large amount of energy and a butt load of carbs, fat and protein intake isn’t going to change much. Taking a supplement might, although withdrawers must be cautious of things like Taurine and B vitamins in their vitamins. I ate tons of junk food and tried to gain a ton of weight during acute because I was scared of having lost so much weight. The result was a fatty liver with liver enzymes over 300% what they should have been due to rapid weight changes from withdrawal causing accumulation of fat in the liver, which made things so much worse as I battled health anxiety due to this.

The original poster replying to those that disagree offering constructive criticism as “childish” isn’t helping things either. I’m happy that you’re out of benzo hell but I don’t think this sensational piece of writing belongs in our sacred success stories.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I would move this to “chewing the fat”

[Buddie]

You kind of lost me when you said that almond milk is healthy. Unless you were making it yourself, each glass has *maybe* 5 almonds and the rest is sugar, water, and algae extract to thicken it.

While the amount of almonds in each brand of the beverage vary, an analysis of UK almond milk brand Alpro showed that nuts make up just 2% of the drink.

Business Insider was told by spokesperson Carissa Sauer of the trade group Almond Board of California that "ingredient combinations are pretty similar" between UK and US almond milk products.

This leaves almond milk largely empty of the most beneficial part of almonds — protein.

Multiple almond growers and processors contacted by Business Insider declined to provide specifics on the ratio of almonds to other ingredients in their almond milk, outside of saying the recipe is fairly standardized "across the board."

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-almond-milk-is-basically-a-scam-2015-4

What exactly is commercial almond milk is made of?
It’s typically a combination of almonds, water, sweetener, thickener such as carrageenan and often added vitamins A, E, and D.
This “milk” contains hardly any almonds, but is mostly water, added sugars, thickeners (to convince you that your product is bursting with almonds) and a smattering of vitamins to help product to look good for your health.
Producers use many marketing tricks on the ingredient list, such as listing the #1 ingredient as “almond base” which means is made of almond and water. This subtly deceptive wording enables the manufacturer to put almonds right at the top of the list, when in reality the “almond base” equals mostly water content.

https://naturabezlimitow.com/2020/05/02/commercial-almond-milk-is-a-scam/

Get a good blender and make your own. :)

Glad that what you did worked for you. I will agree that eating constantly has helped me cope with my symptoms but it is a delicate balance because too much salt or MSG and I would spend the next couple hours in anxious hell.

[Buddie]

Almond milk is still a lot healthier than cow milk. Cow milk is ment for baby cows to make them gain weight, not human

[Buddie]

Almond milk is still a lot healthier than cow milk. Cow milk is ment for baby cows to make them gain weight, not human

It's actually not healthier than milk, that's the whole point. Commercial almond milk is sugar water with a negligible amount of vitamins (and the vitamins they fortify it with aren't the natural forms but the synthetic ones like ergocalciferol too usually). The fact they have to thicken it with carrageenan speaks volumes because real almond milk that you make yourself is thicker still than the commercial stuff with thickeners added to it. At least milk has actual nutrition to it regardless of its negatives.

[Buddie]

It's actually not healthier than milk, that's the whole point. Commercial almond milk is sugar water with a negligible amount of vitamins (and the vitamins they fortify it with aren't the natural forms but the synthetic ones like ergocalciferol too usually). The fact they have to thicken it with carrageenan speaks volumes because real almond milk that you make yourself is thicker still than the commercial stuff with thickeners added to it. At least milk has actual nutrition to it regardless of its negatives.

Nonsense

[Buddie]

Agreed that it's nonsense, 4My.

For heaven's sake, read  a little about almond milk, Ethereal.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318612

Ai yi.

[...]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 05:59:36 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

Re: I have found a potential cure to your benzo withdrawal!! PLEASE READ!!!
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2022, 10:36:08 pm »
I simplified my title and made it more responsible for you nitpickers.

I LOL'd @ "#2: Get your sleep in and try to keep your stress levels at a minimum!"

When I was in acute, I was getting zero sleep for 3-4 days in a row, and I also work out and try to eat clean. I was drinking a lot of protein shakes, and a lot of homemade smoothies (I'd take bags of those salads, toss away the dressings, and blend them into a puree, and drink that. To supplement, I would even add 1-2 scoops of "Athletic Greens, or CytoGreens).

I also went on sick leave for 2 and a half months because I couldn't drive anymore. And on top of that, I was taking a stack of supplements to help me, like BioPQQ, Quercetin, Resveratrol, Q10, etc etc. And before bedtime I was taking ZMA, Lithium Orotate, etc.

Even like this, the first month of W/D was basically zero perceived sleep for days in a row. I remember going 5 days without sleep, and I literally thought I was going to die. I wrote a letter to my parents and best friend, to let them know "what happened" etc. I'd get like 3hr sleep, only to repeat 3-4 days in a row again.

Never at any point did I lift my regimen, and I DO feel these things helped me heal quicker (particularly BioPQQ). BUT I still ended up relying on other drugs (Trazadone, Mirtazapine) to help me sleep. I got to a stage the 2nd month where these drugs were allowing me to sleep 2-3hr a night, and feel slightly better than death.

But I had to rotate a whole stack of stuff for 5 months straight, which is how long it took me to be able to sleep 5hr on my own.

My point is: I basically did the same stuff you posted, and it still took me months to heal, AND I was a short term user (only a month on the Z-Drug).

[Buddie]

Hmm

Eating sounds nice.

Sure wish I could eat without being in excruciating pain
every time the smallest meal hits my stomach.

Maybe this worked for you, but after a few spoonfuls of mashed potatoes
I feel (as you said) like I’m going to “pop”

Glad it worked out for you, but its not going to help any one of the 90% of people
on here with horrible digestive issues at all.