Author Topic: I have found a potential cure to your benzo withdrawal!! PLEASE READ!! *UPDATED*  (Read 2323 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I have found a potential cure to your benzo withdrawal!! PLEASE READ!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 06:44:56 pm »
I simplified my title and made it more responsible for you nitpickers.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 07:19:07 pm »
I simplified my title and made it more responsible for you nitpickers.

It's cool that you're trying to help man  :)

I'm in this hell for 20 years. I'm also trying to make a statement in my own way. I'm training to win a running match, do my story, make people aware. I understand the need to do things like this. It's all cool   :)

It's appreciated, the only thing what people are saying (some in a nice way, some in a not so nice way, I always prefer the first to goodhearted people) is that people are too different too find one simple solution that fits for everyone. By doing our stories and letting know what works for us individuals, other people can apply techniques to themselves. See what works.

But you already know that now  :) Again, it's always appreciated to try and help others!!

I really appreciate the reply. About time someone said something nice. All I know is that I've been here for 2 years reading the success stories and how there isn't many to go off of to give people hope. I've researched what seems to be almost every spectrum of the internet to find a cure for this disgusting problem. These pills are given out like candy like it's some harmless sleeping/anti-anxiety pill when in fact it can put you into a state that you couldn't have ever imagined was possible.

So many people, just like I was, are running on fumes and given very little hope, if any. Yes, I found what works for me and 3 others and being the empathetic person I am wanted to do my best to help others. I guess my problem is that I'm sick of how many snowflakes there are these days and lash out on a post created to help people. Then there's other people that get so technical that they don't know how stupid they sound trying to be smart. Lesson for me is that even though we're all here for the same reason, people will be people regardless of the subject. As I said, I could have worded things better, but I was excited about my newfound method to help others get through what I went through and I also typed that up in 20 minutes. People that really need the help will get what I'm saying from it and use it to their benefit if they truly care about trying out something that will potentially help them recover.

By the way, good luck with your running match! Hope you find peace, happiness and the road to a full recovery!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2021, 07:24:20 pm »
Its good to see members bring awareness of our policy about prescriptive writing to this thread, telling others what they must or should do is against the rules.  You're welcome of course to share your experience and suggestions and we appreciate your willingness to do this.

Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments to other members. This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications. A more detailed explanation of this policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2021, 07:30:35 pm »
I wouldn't take it too personally. Some people here just like to think they're the ultimate knowledge on BWD, and like to shoot people down if they have other ideas. Others are just in WD and suffering, so a few cross words are to be expected.

Thanks for sharing your experience, exercise for me has been a no no too. Tried and gave me a little setback, so completely agree with not putting too much stress on your body, and giving it enough fuel with eating a lot makes sense too.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 08:01:12 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2021, 07:54:47 pm »
Its good to see members bring awareness of our policy about prescriptive writing to this thread, telling others what they must or should do is against the rules.  You're welcome of course to share your experience and suggestions and we appreciate your willingness to do this.

Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments to other members. This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications. A more detailed explanation of this policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document.

It's clearly a suggestion if they want to try this method of healing. But thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2021, 08:30:02 pm »
I wouldn't take it too personally. Some people here just like to think they're the ultimate knowledge on BWD, and like to shoot people down if they have other ideas. Others are just in WD and suffering, so a few cross words are to be expected.

Thanks for sharing your experience, exercise for me has been a no no too. Tried and gave me a little setback, so completely agree with not putting too much stress on your body, and giving it enough fuel with eating a lot makes sense too.

Yeah, I'm catching on to that.

Anytime! Thanks for stopping by with some positivity :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 09:00:16 pm »
So do the opposite of what I've been doing. Got it. I'm towards the end of my cut reaching a goal weight in a month or so. After that I'll switch to weights and increase caloric intake and report back with results. Although tbh I'm also hoping I'll heal by then anyways.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2021, 11:36:57 pm »
Food does not help me at all...It just increases my withdrawal symptoms... And I really cannot see how junk food is going to help any part of your body...All it is going to do is clog your arteries,raise your blood sugar levels and probably mess up every other organ in your body. :idiot:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 01:43:44 pm »
Food does not help me at all...It just increases my withdrawal symptoms... And I really cannot see how junk food is going to help any part of your body...All it is going to do is clog your arteries,raise your blood sugar levels and probably mess up every other organ in your body. :idiot:

As I said, diet is important, but the idea of junk food is to help you continue eating as it's very hard to shovel down mass amounts of food when it's all healthy products, plus, the caloric deficit accompanied by such. Fuel is fuel regardless. Also, many hormones crave carbs and sugar no matter of the form it comes in.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 02:20:59 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2021, 03:46:48 pm »
Hi [...],
I'm with [...] on this; though she didn't exercise the sensitivity that I've been going for, I agree with her. The thread title is still absurd and grandiose; everything I've read on this thread has been about your benzo recovery and opinions about benzo recovery. Using instructive and prescriptive language does not turn your experiences or opinions into a "cure" for other taperers.

The BB community is here to offer each other peer-support, including supporting you [...] in sharing your ideas and experiences. But there is potentially a great danger of misleading sensitive and desperate readers by making factual claims that cannot be supported by evidence and giving prescriptive instructions about medical conditions and medication.

As far as I am aware, making prescriptive medical statements (which includes nutritional advice and instructions) constitutes practicing medicine, which in many countries is illegal without a license and certain patient-provider agreements. Therefore I think that framing speculative opinions and personal experiences regarding medical conditions as prescriptive and factual statements is lose-lose; it's misleading to the audience and could make the author liable for legal repercussions especially if the information was deemed the cause of personal injury.

Lastly, this post is not a Withdrawal Support thread. The Withdrawal Support board is "For moral support and feedback during your benzodiazepine withdrawal (taper)." Since you're not tapering nor asking for moral support or feedback, this thread doesn't belong on this board.

I understand your excitement to help people. But for your sake and that of the community, [...] please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style as [...] outlined. The BB guidelines, especially on the giving of medical advice, might be worth reading before making future posts.