Science behind awful reaction to DIAZEPAM

[Ir...]

I hope it's okay to post or ask this here.

In February when I tapered. My doc first put me on valium to taper. I had an awful reaction. Could not tolerate it. It could not stop crying. It put me in a dark place. I brought it back to her and I tapered with clonazepam. Why would that be? It was a scary place for me. Could this be the same for others? I see it is what is most suggested to use for tapering? is it because my body was so used to the clonazepam? I'm searching for more science behind my experience. My doc just said, "Hmmm...that's strange."

Sedation and depression are the two most reported side effects of taking Diazepam, I don't know the reason for this but it's very common.  Most members can push through these symptoms and they eventually go away but some can't and return to their original benzo.

Thank you! I appreciate the answer. Thanks for moving my other post. I wasn't sure where to put it. I looked forever. I'm getting fascinated by the science behind it all. It's helping me deal and understand my journey and on the other side let go of the pain. If I had paid more attention to the science I would have never made the choice. It is like a person getting pregnant. We all need to seek to become more educated in order to understand our choices as humans.  We are the medical consumers after all. We need medical doulas. People that are willing to teach people the science behind their choices and what every option is. Like immediate access to CBT instead of referrals. The people here are benzo doulas.