casper is 3 months off after 24 years

[ca...]

Hi buddies,

It has been three months since I completed my taper!

I did a somewhat rapid taper (3months) with a four month hold in the middle.

Initially I started with 10% reductions for 6 weeks and felt neither better nor worse. My neuro had recommended a 50% reduction to start.

I then made a larger 30% reduction to bring myself inline with my neuro's expectations and held for four months while we moved and settled interstate.

I went faster than recommended here due to what I felt was tolerance withdrawal and medication interactions. I also could not handle the anxiety associated with deciding what to taper and when. So my reductions since holding were 1/4 tablet every 14 days or a bit longer if I didn't feel great.

I did have the support of a psychiatrist and managed to stay reasonably positive throughout.

It hasn't been easy but I do feel better now than before I started tapering. Some days are pretty good and some days are a bit rubbish.

It is such an up and down process, which is exhausting. 

I am ever thankful for all the buddies past and present for sharing their stories to help others navigate this difficult situation.

:hug: to all.

I'm happy you're benzo free casper, I understand what you mean about the anxiety of what to taper and when, its tough to be chained to this process for so long.  I'm glad you did it your way.  :thumbsup: