20 months ad free, 14 months zopiclone free, 6 months benzo free

[Sh...]

Ok, Shayna, does this mean you are in a lovely wave?  Let’s have an update, please!

Happy to know you are enjoying your job😍😍😍😍

Hugs,

GG

A lovely wave? Haha is there such a thing?

I’m doing ok. I won’t go too far into it coz things can change but I’m doing ok. Work is good but don’t think full time is a good idea. I get very little down time now my life is literally running from one place to the next. Today I’ve got 3 people’s hair to do, a mountain of laundry, bills to pay, taking my son to seaworld, beds to make, kids homework to catch up on. Ugh. And it’s spose to be my day off. This week I’m working 6 days. My brain is an absolute champ tho. Go brain u good thing. I’m starting to take the reigns a bit more at work. I’m accessing the archives (in my brain that I thought were forever lost) so when I say it gets better it absolutely does. X

How’s the headaches GG? Man oh man I’ve had some rippers lately. Have mercy!

A lovely wave? Haha is there such a thing?

I’m doing ok. I won’t go too far into it coz things can change but I’m doing ok. Work is good but don’t think full time is a good idea. I get very little down time now my life is literally running from one place to the next. Today I’ve got 3 people’s hair to do, a mountain of laundry, bills to pay, taking my son to seaworld, beds to make, kids homework to catch up on. Ugh. And it’s spose to be my day off. This week I’m working 6 days. My brain is an absolute champ tho. Go brain u good thing. I’m starting to take the reigns a bit more at work. I’m accessing the archives (in my brain that I thought were forever lost) so when I say it gets better it absolutely does. X

How’s the headaches GG? Man oh man I’ve had some rippers lately. Have mercy!

Your posts have always inspired me on my way to become benzo free, and especially you because I'm too on Paxil 12.5 mg, AD along with benzo. So good to see your progress.

I hope I become drug free, but that's a date far cry.

I remember feeling like that too. 2 Christmases ago actually. I was standing watching my kids swimming in the ocean. I was on 15mg of zopiclone, 2.5mg zyprexa and 50mg of dotheipine. I felt very very sick and just stood there crying wondering if I’d ever get off or even be alive next Christmas.

Well I did get off, and I’m alive. Ur day will come. Just keep chipping away at it until it’s ur day too x then u will look back and think wow, I did do it. I’m not back to normal but I’m closer now than ever before, and the upside is I am forever changed for the better. I have so much more patience and empathy. Deep empathy for every other person. That is a gift.

Awwww it’s my amazing wonder from down under! I’m glad to hear you are doing better. You have been such an inspiration and so strong! I’m doing really well. I’m about 4 months off now. I feel so much better! I have some insomnia trouble, but nothing compared to what you’ve suffered! I can’t believe I’m off! A year ago I was frantic, lost, hopeless, and distraught as I started this taper process. When I found you I had so much hope to get through this. Thank you for that! I’m doing quite well and more windows than waves. My husband says it’s like night and day with me now. I love it. Double middle finger to the benzo! We won the battle! Take care my dear! I still think of ya every time I wash my hair with my Australian shampoo eleven! Lol 😂 hugs to ya!  :smitten:

Nawwww hey there honey xx we did it! It’s nice to be free isn’t it. Honestly that prison of how much do I reduce tonight, then waiting for the hit a few days later…. Sure don’t miss that!

Wow that is fantastic news honey! I’m so happy for u! My hubby says the same to me. My insomnia is still bad but he says all the time that I’m so much stronger than even 3 months ago. it’s nice to hear that others have noticed the change isnt it? Coz sometimes i still feel pretty crap. Ugh

I’ve noticed my brain is just so much clearer. I’m still very tired obviously, but I’m learning some pretty stressful things at work and I’m handling it better than I ever thought possible. Everything just makes sense most days (not all).

It’s hard to believe we’re on the other side now WW!

I’m so proud of u girl. Ur a warrior xx big love lady x

Yay! This is awesome - well done strong mama! So so proud of you.  Look at how far you have come - all of those times you never thought you would get to where you are now & look at you - working & achieving wonderful milestones,  you got this girl  you really do.  Keep going - you are well on your way to being better. Xx

Thanku sweet Bess x I definitely still have a ways to go but that old saying “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” is definitely true.

I think we all should give ourselves a massive pat on the back. And tell ourselves we rock because seriously! Most people are total pussys compared to us! 💕

Yay! So great Shayna.  I can’t believe it’s already 6 mos off benzos! You’re journey has been so honest and encouraging. Hope you continue to feel better & better. 

2cats

Thanku sweet Bess x I definitely still have a ways to go but that old saying “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” is definitely true.

I think we all should give ourselves a massive pat on the back. And tell ourselves we rock because seriously! Most people are total pussys compared to us! 💕

You are rocking it lovely - look at you go - so so proud of you!

Yep totally agree bout most people being total wuss’s - nothing is gonna touch us when we are better- nothing! Big love to you gorgeous girl! Xx

Shayna, how is it going with your micro-managing boss that you gave the double finger to a few weeks ago?  Is your relationship with her alright now?

Thanks all my sweet mates x u guys are the best x

Becks I’ve totally won her over. She loves my ass because I’m a fucking dynamo.  :laugh:

Hairflick  8)

Hi Shay - Just wondering if you've ever tried probiotics?  My understanding is that 90% of serotonin is made in our gut.  I'm trying Culturelle right now: L. Rhamosus...There were mouse studies that showed an upregulation of GABA receptors and reduced anxiety.  Just thought I would mention.

Hey dee! Yep sure did I was religious about all that for ages. But now there’s some distance between me and Benzos I’ve started bringing some things back in… probiotics are back in too. Also started taking herbs from my naturopathic dr day 2 so far so good xx

Actually had an amazing day today!

Hey dee! Yep sure did I was religious about all that for ages. But now there’s some distance between me and Benzos I’ve started bringing some things back in… probiotics are back in too. Also started taking herbs from my naturopathic dr day 2 so far so good xx

Actually had an amazing day today!

Yipeeeee! So happy to read this - go you!! Xx

Annnnd….. back to feeling like I’ve been run over by a truck. Omg. Peeling myself off the road as we speak.

Headache, liver pain, terrible benzo belly I look 5 months pregnant, feels like zero sleep and my eye is so sore.

I look like something out of the walking dead. Winning. Off to work!

Oh man this sucks. I was coming here to write your next update should be xxx months insomnia free when I saw your post.

I know you'll soldier on. Keep on fighting!