Did he lie

[Me...]

Withdrawal symptoms of benzodiazepines, which include Valium, Xanex and others, include acute anxiety, panic attacks, vomiting, insomnia, muscle twitches, headaches, paranoia, memory loss and in the most extreme instances seizures which can cause death.

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/jordan-peterson-drug-addiction-benzo-valium-xanex-russia-mikhaila-a9324871.html%3famp

I agree it can happen....BUT.....only....

In " THE MOST EXTREME INSTANCES can cause death...."

For the average person that gets off rapidly, like you did in 3 weeks,  there is very little chance of that happening!

I agree it can happen....BUT.....only....

In " THE MOST EXTREME INSTANCES can cause death...."

For the average person that gets off rapidly, like you did in 3 weeks,  there is very little chance of that happening!

"Prescribed Benzodiazepines and Suicide Risk: A Review of the Literature"

https://www.psychiatrist.com/pcc/depression/suicide/prescribed-benzodiazepines-and-suicide-risk/".

".

Rebound or withdrawal symptoms also may contribute to suicide risk. While benzodiazepines are intended to treat anxiety and insomnia, discontinuation, reduction in dosage, or missed doses may lead to emergence or exacerbation of these same symptoms. Abruptly stopping alprazolam, for example, has been shown to impair sleep onset and quality in healthy volunteers after as little as 2 weeks of daily use.48 More research is needed to clarify the safest manner in which to taper benzodiazepines in patients at risk of suicide.

Several notes of caution are warranted in applying the results of this review to clinical practice. The prescribing of medications requires weighing possible risks against potential benefits for each individual patient. The results of this review also do not rule out the possibility that benzodiazepines may be safe or perhaps even protective for certain patients at certain dosages.

."

Re: your statement "I have yet to read about or hear about anyone dying from dong a CT, it just doesn't happen" you now have the opportunity to read about persons dying from doing a C.T. or even reducing their dosage by following the posted links. Whether you avail yourself of that opportunity is entirely up to you. best wishes

Suicide is a completely different animal than dying from a seizure...

There's a huge difference between a person that elects to do a CT on their own or through their doctor or a detox center and a person forced into a CT via incarceration or some other way.

Benzo WD is the worst thing I went through in my entire life.

Edit: Content

There are a lot of outlier stories and extreme cases, but the truth is that most people heal and go on to lead productive lives. I find it more helpful to focus on the success stories and continue to have hope and faith that this will all pass and I will resume my life and even better than before Benzos.  :thumbsup:

There are a lot of outlier stories and extreme cases, but the truth is that most people heal and go on to lead productive lives. I find it more helpful to focus on the success stories and continue to have hope and faith that this will all pass and I will resume my life and even better than before Benzos.  :thumbsup:

Yes, that was my entire point...there are always exceptions to the "rule" and people focus on the outlier cases not what happens to he vast majority that recover and get their life back like I did.  Too many people are too easily offended if you don't agree with them.  Like I said, if 1,000 people die from Benzo related seizures each year, that is terrible, but in the context of how many people are on Benzos, they would still be considered outlier exceptions.  The picture that was trying to be painted by a few BBs is that anyone at any moment could instantly die from a seizure after a CT regardless of how high a dose the person was on and how long they were on it.

Even if a person doesn't die from a benzo-related seizure, some who do have seizures and end up living are left with permanent brain damage.  That happened to me.  I had a seizure at work in 2012 and when it was over, I realized that it had damaged my brain and I've never been the same since.  I've never been able to work one day since then.  I had to quit my job and have been permanently off work and disabled since then.

During my most recent withdrawal attempt, I explained to my prescribing physician how my cognitive and physical abilities were being dramatically reduced. The next question asked of me was "Did you have any seizures?" Fortunately I did not but, my prescribing physician apparently was aware of potential dire consequences of seizures. My physician recommended that I reinstate the prescribed benzodiazepine. My cognitive and physical abilities returned to baseline.

https://medlineplus.gov/seizures.html

[6c...]