Did he lie

[Me...]

He's probably not a liar.

Benzo WD doesn't happen to everyone that takes Benzos and when it does happen it happens to different degrees and lengths of time!

Symptoms are common across the board, but some people have much worse symptoms than others.  For example, most get some form or anxiety or depression, but some people get it so severely they are bed ridden.  Others get mild insomnia, I had severe insomnia, etc., etc.

Withdrawal experiences are sort of like snowflakes, no two are exactly alike.

I've read success stories where it has taken 10+ years for the person to completely recover and others anywhere from months to years.  The "sweet spot" seems to be 18-24 months for many to see some decent relief.  Of course, some take much less time and some take more time.

Don't try to make someone else's recovery experience/timeline yours.  You'll just be disappointed if it doesn't play out the same way or in the same amount of time.  Your healing and recovery experience is what it is and it ends when it ends!

Good luck

I do take your withdrawal for mine? Because all my symptoms are gone! Except this headpressure!

So why this headpressure should go away the next 2-4 months?

Maybe take the time to fill out a signature...

What were you on and for how long and when did you get off and how?  Taper?  Cold Turkey?

Not sure when the head pressure will end, but if you didn't have it before Benzos, it will go away....

Taperd off by Valium trops within 3 weeks.

Took for a month Temesta, then Valium for 2 months. Totally 3 months. Was bedriden for the first 2 months, acute phase lasted the first 3 months. Today I have only headpressure and when turn my left hand it shakes(tremor).

Cold Turkey??? My name is not thEway2! I wasnt this naiv!

Sorry This was very stupid of you, could have gone fatal.

Hello Mensch325,

One of the rules which govern BenzoBuddies is to treat other members with respect.  While we understand that a cold turkey is not advised, some people choose that route for personal reasons while others are forced to and still others who didn't know any better, like me.

Please familiarize yourself with our Rules and Guidelines, specifically this one.

Be polite towards, and respectful of, your fellow Buddies. We do not tolerate attacks upon fellow members. Any account created for the purposes of causing arguments and/or ill-feeling will be banned.

In keeping with our Mission Statement, the key principles of peer support include: shared responsibility; respect; empathy towards others; and positivity.

Cold Turkey??? My name is not thEway2! I wasnt this naiv!

Sorry This was very stupid of you, could have gone fatal.

No, there's no chance for 99.999% of cold turkeys to go "fatal" and your 3 week taper is pretty much a Cold Turkey no matter how you look at it.  Even if you get a seizure from going CT, it WILL NOT be Fatal!  And your taper was way too fast according to Ashton, but it seemed to work for you, just like my CT worked for me.  Most people on this forum were naive about Rx drugs (especially Benzos) as we trusted our doctors.  This forum allowed us to learn the truth about Benzos.

And for some, a CT is the only way off of Benzos and even a slow (not the taper you did) Ashton recommended taper, doesn't mean you won't have a difficult WD!

Good luck!

I essentially did a cold turkey as well (not knowing better and reducing 25% a week per prescriber recommend from 2mg klonopin. Not dead. No seizures. Very very difficult experience but as has been said we are all different genetically. I have seen people taper over years (read their story) and do just as bad as I did if not worse so really who even knows what will happen.

I am grateful every day that this stuff is out of my body. To be honest, not sure I would do much different except maybe extend the whole thing by a few months. But hindsight is 20/20.....

I concur....

I even said in my success story that if I had to do it over again, I would do a CT even though they are not recommended.  For some people, it's the only way off of Benzos and as you said, a slow taper doesn't guarantee that you will have a mild WD.

I have yet to read about or hear about anyone dying from dong a CT, it just doesn't happen.

This info has been so helpful for me. I c/t'd from only four weeks of z/x once a day for sleep in July and am suffering terrible insomnia still, with attached anxiety. Sometimes I think my pre-existing life issues (nothing horrible, believe me) are causing my wake-ups after 3-4 hours, but perhaps it's still the withdrawal. I hope I'm not just using it as an excuse! Nighttimes are so long that it makes you question everything!

I'm just hoping that I'll be able to go back to sleep one of these days, and that I don't wake up with that shaky, adrenaline in the middle of the night. It's the pits!

Thanks again to everyone for sharing!

This info has been so helpful for me. I c/t'd from only four weeks of z/x once a day for sleep in July and am suffering terrible insomnia still, with attached anxiety. Sometimes I think my pre-existing life issues (nothing horrible, believe me) are causing my wake-ups after 3-4 hours, but perhaps it's still the withdrawal. I hope I'm not just using it as an excuse! Nighttimes are so long that it makes you question everything!

I'm just hoping that I'll be able to go back to sleep one of these days, and that I don't wake up with that shaky, adrenaline in the middle of the night. It's the pits!

Thanks again to everyone for sharing!

I am willing to bet hmmm.... well, maybe not bet but I do believe your sleep will come back. I am almost 8 months off and it is coming back slowly.

I concur....

I even said in my success story that if I had to do it over again, I would do a CT even though they are not recommended.  For some people, it's the only way off of Benzos and as you said, a slow taper doesn't guarantee that you will have a mild WD.

I have yet to read about or hear about anyone dying from dong a CT, it just doesn't happen.

People have died because of benzo WD seizures.

Falling or choking is a concern among people living with epilepsy — but it’s not the only one. The risk of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP) is also a fear.

If you or a loved one has seizures, a number of questions might run through your mind. For example, can you die from an epileptic seizure? Or, can you die from a seizure in your sleep?

The short answer is yes, but while possible, death from epilepsy is also rare.

That's one person out of millions and millions that take Benzos world-wide!  Benzos are among the highest prescribed medications in the world!

It doesn't say how much Klonopin the person was on when he was forced into that detox jail cell

There are always exceptions to everything and my doctor told me he had people in jail CT higher doses than I was on without any issues.

That's why during a bad FLU season 30,000 people can die just in the US.

I concur....

It happens a lot and not just in prisons and other places of incarceration:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/incarcerated-population/

Some people lack of intelligence.

Mensch325,

I've been reviewing your posts, I hope to see a change in tone to conform with our policies, the one below in particular. Rules and Guidelines

In keeping with our Mission Statement, the key principles of peer support include: shared responsibility; respect; empathy towards others; and positivity.

Pamster

Some people lack of intelligence

Correct English would be some people lack intelligence, you don't need the word "of" in your statement, but you already knew that...

Knowledge is the collection of skills and information a person has acquired through experience.  Intelligence is the ability to apply knowledge. Just because someone lacks knowledge of a particular subject doesn't mean they can't apply their intelligence to help solve problems.  However, my knowledge is directly related to my personal experience and the experience of hundreds of others on this forum and other Benzo recovery sites.  What you should have said is some people lack "knowledge" not intelligence as knowledge is what you already know and intelligence is your ability to learn or acquire knowledge...but you already knew that....

How many US prescriptions are benzodiazepines?

In 2019, an estimated 92 million benzodiazepine prescriptions were dispensed from U.S. outpatient pharmacies, with alprazolam (38%) being the most common followed by clonazepam (24%) and lorazepam (20%). In 2018, an estimated 50% of patients dispensed oral benzodiazepines received them for two months or longer...

For the sake of having real numbers, assume that 1,000 people die each year from a CT from Benzodiazapines in the US..... 1000/92,000,000 comes out to 0.000010869% or in scientific terms is pretty much the same as ZERO which I have been saying all along.  And the people you mentioned were almost always incarcerated.  If someone did a CT on their own, like I did, and started having seizures, they could always take another Benzo.  The issue isn't just the cold turkey, but the incarceration or position the person is in when they do a CT that prevents the person from reinstating and doing a proper taper.

I am not promoting a CT.  A proper taper is recommended, but to suggest that "a lot" of people die from doing a CT is "reckless" at best and simply not true!  Incarcerated people have no choice but to continue with their CT, but those not incarcerated have the option to reinstate or increase their dose, which is common practice during a taper if symptoms become too intense.  It's an apples to oranges comparison using CT deaths from those incarcerated vs. those that have the option to respond to their symptoms after a self-directed CT. 

An incarcerated person has no choice in a CT, whereas almost all on this forum that ended up doing a CT choose the CT either on their own or at a rapid detox or some type of detox/drug center that could monitor their symptoms.  Again, comparing the two is an apples to oranges comparison!

Otherwise the message you are sending people on this forum is that if you do a CT, you could simply and easily die, which again, based on the number of prescriptions and the number of deaths, is EXTREMELY rare.

[d8...]