Author Topic: Did he lie  (Read 1734 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Did he lie
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2021, 01:23:37 pm »
Suicide is a completely different animal than dying from a seizure...

There's a huge difference between a person that elects to do a CT on their own or through their doctor or a detox center and a person forced into a CT via incarceration or some other way.

Benzo WD is the worst thing I went through in my entire life.

Edit: Content
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 01:48:24 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2021, 03:53:57 pm »
There are a lot of outlier stories and extreme cases, but the truth is that most people heal and go on to lead productive lives. I find it more helpful to focus on the success stories and continue to have hope and faith that this will all pass and I will resume my life and even better than before Benzos.  :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2021, 05:23:16 pm »
There are a lot of outlier stories and extreme cases, but the truth is that most people heal and go on to lead productive lives. I find it more helpful to focus on the success stories and continue to have hope and faith that this will all pass and I will resume my life and even better than before Benzos.  :thumbsup:

Yes, that was my entire point...there are always exceptions to the "rule" and people focus on the outlier cases not what happens to he vast majority that recover and get their life back like I did.  Too many people are too easily offended if you don't agree with them.  Like I said, if 1,000 people die from Benzo related seizures each year, that is terrible, but in the context of how many people are on Benzos, they would still be considered outlier exceptions.  The picture that was trying to be painted by a few BBs is that anyone at any moment could instantly die from a seizure after a CT regardless of how high a dose the person was on and how long they were on it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2021, 06:15:10 pm »
 :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2021, 12:44:57 am »
Even if a person doesn't die from a benzo-related seizure, some who do have seizures and end up living are left with permanent brain damage.  That happened to me.  I had a seizure at work in 2012 and when it was over, I realized that it had damaged my brain and I've never been the same since.  I've never been able to work one day since then.  I had to quit my job and have been permanently off work and disabled since then.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2021, 12:50:40 pm »
During my most recent withdrawal attempt, I explained to my prescribing physician how my cognitive and physical abilities were being dramatically reduced. The next question asked of me was "Did you have any seizures?" Fortunately I did not but, my prescribing physician apparently was aware of potential dire consequences of seizures. My physician recommended that I reinstate the prescribed benzodiazepine. My cognitive and physical abilities returned to baseline.

https://medlineplus.gov/seizures.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 12:59:22 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2021, 01:54:12 pm »
Rules and Guidelines

In keeping with our Mission Statement, the key principles of peer support include: shared responsibility; respect; empathy towards others; and positivity.