Author Topic: Did he lie  (Read 1736 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Did he lie
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 01:11:08 pm »
It's also possible that if a frog had a "glass a$$" that every time it jumped on a rock, it would break!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 04:01:24 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2021, 01:25:49 pm »
I concur....

I even said in my success story that if I had to do it over again, I would do a CT even though they are not recommended.  For some people, it's the only way off of Benzos and as you said, a slow taper doesn't guarantee that you will have a mild WD.

I have yet to read about or hear about anyone dying from dong a CT, it just doesn't happen.

It happens a lot and not just in prisons and other places of incarceration:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/incarcerated-population/
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2021, 02:00:08 pm »
Some people lack of intelligence.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2021, 02:08:44 pm »
Some people lack of intelligence.

[...],

I've been reviewing your posts, I hope to see a change in tone to conform with our policies, the one below in particular. Rules and Guidelines

In keeping with our Mission Statement, the key principles of peer support include: shared responsibility; respect; empathy towards others; and positivity.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2021, 03:48:28 pm »
Some people lack of intelligence

Correct English would be some people lack intelligence, you don't need the word "of" in your statement, but you already knew that...
Knowledge is the collection of skills and information a person has acquired through experience.  Intelligence is the ability to apply knowledge. Just because someone lacks knowledge of a particular subject doesn't mean they can't apply their intelligence to help solve problems.  However, my knowledge is directly related to my personal experience and the experience of hundreds of others on this forum and other Benzo recovery sites.  What you should have said is some people lack "knowledge" not intelligence as knowledge is what you already know and intelligence is your ability to learn or acquire knowledge...but you already knew that....

How many US prescriptions are benzodiazepines?
In 2019, an estimated 92 million benzodiazepine prescriptions were dispensed from U.S. outpatient pharmacies, with alprazolam (38%) being the most common followed by clonazepam (24%) and lorazepam (20%). In 2018, an estimated 50% of patients dispensed oral benzodiazepines received them for two months or longer...

For the sake of having real numbers, assume that 1,000 people die each year from a CT from Benzodiazapines in the US..... 1000/92,000,000 comes out to 0.000010869% or in scientific terms is pretty much the same as ZERO which I have been saying all along.  And the people you mentioned were almost always incarcerated.  If someone did a CT on their own, like I did, and started having seizures, they could always take another Benzo.  The issue isn't just the cold turkey, but the incarceration or position the person is in when they do a CT that prevents the person from reinstating and doing a proper taper.

I am not promoting a CT.  A proper taper is recommended, but to suggest that "a lot" of people die from doing a CT is "reckless" at best and simply not true!  Incarcerated people have no choice but to continue with their CT, but those not incarcerated have the option to reinstate or increase their dose, which is common practice during a taper if symptoms become too intense.  It's an apples to oranges comparison using CT deaths from those incarcerated vs. those that have the option to respond to their symptoms after a self-directed CT. 

An incarcerated person has no choice in a CT, whereas almost all on this forum that ended up doing a CT choose the CT either on their own or at a rapid detox or some type of detox/drug center that could monitor their symptoms.  Again, comparing the two is an apples to oranges comparison!

Otherwise the message you are sending people on this forum is that if you do a CT, you could simply and easily die, which again, based on the number of prescriptions and the number of deaths, is EXTREMELY rare.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 07:45:47 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2021, 04:25:35 pm »
If you want to risk your life fine. Bye

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2021, 04:27:35 pm »
I didn't risk my life, I completely recovered and so did thousands of others....
There is an entire forum on BenzoBuddies dedicated to those that did a CT, Rapid Detox, etc.  It has over 68,000 posts
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=133.0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 07:48:51 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2021, 07:55:13 pm »
Withdrawal symptoms of benzodiazepines, which include Valium, Xanex and others, include acute anxiety, panic attacks, vomiting, insomnia, muscle twitches, headaches, paranoia, memory loss and in the most extreme instances seizures which can cause death.

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/jordan-peterson-drug-addiction-benzo-valium-xanex-russia-mikhaila-a9324871.html%3famp

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2021, 07:58:24 pm »
I agree it can happen....BUT.....only....

In " THE MOST EXTREME INSTANCES can cause death...."

For the average person that gets off rapidly, like you did in 3 weeks,  there is very little chance of that happening!

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2021, 01:24:06 am »
I agree it can happen....BUT.....only....

In " THE MOST EXTREME INSTANCES can cause death...."

For the average person that gets off rapidly, like you did in 3 weeks,  there is very little chance of that happening!

"Prescribed Benzodiazepines and Suicide Risk: A Review of the Literature"

https://www.psychiatrist.com/pcc/depression/suicide/prescribed-benzodiazepines-and-suicide-risk/".
".
Rebound or withdrawal symptoms also may contribute to suicide risk. While benzodiazepines are intended to treat anxiety and insomnia, discontinuation, reduction in dosage, or missed doses may lead to emergence or exacerbation of these same symptoms. Abruptly stopping alprazolam, for example, has been shown to impair sleep onset and quality in healthy volunteers after as little as 2 weeks of daily use.48 More research is needed to clarify the safest manner in which to taper benzodiazepines in patients at risk of suicide.

Several notes of caution are warranted in applying the results of this review to clinical practice. The prescribing of medications requires weighing possible risks against potential benefits for each individual patient. The results of this review also do not rule out the possibility that benzodiazepines may be safe or perhaps even protective for certain patients at certain dosages.

."

Re: your statement "I have yet to read about or hear about anyone dying from dong a CT, it just doesn't happen" you now have the opportunity to read about persons dying from doing a C.T. or even reducing their dosage by following the posted links. Whether you avail yourself of that opportunity is entirely up to you. best wishes