Cross over .375 clonazepam to 7.5 Valium

[Lc...]

My daughter has decided to crossover to Valium to continue her taper.  She takes .125 klonopin 3 time a day at 8am, 4:30pm and 11pm.  The plan is to switch out one 1.25 klonopin with 2.5 Valium each week for 3 weeks.

The reason for the switch is two fold.  One, the Valium pill sizes are the simplest to use and two, she did a successful taper of Valium in the past with fewer withdrawal symptoms.

Looking for advise on the validity of this plan and what to expect during the crossover.

She had dropped down from .5 klonopin to .375 klonopin 4 weeks ago and is stable on this dose.

My daughter is starting a crossover from klonopin to Valium.  Looking for any tips on how to get through this.  This plan is to do this in 3 phases over the next three weeks.  Looking for any encouragement on how to get through this.

Currently she is taking .375 mg klonopin. She takes .125 ( a quarter of a .5 mg pill) 3 times a day at 8am, 4:30pm and 11pm.

The plan is to go to 7.5 mg Valium.  Originally her Dr. suggested just swapping over but after reading about substitution, they agreed on a 3 week crossover.

The plan is to swap out a .125 dose of klonopin with 2.5mg of Valium each week over 3 weeks. 

Week 1: .125 klonopin, .125 klonopin, 2.5 Valium

Week 2: .125 klonopin, 2.5 Valium, 2.5 Valium

Week 3: 2.5 Valium, 2.5 Valium, 2.5 Valium

Wow, this crossover schedule looks great to me, what are your and her concerns, are you worried about the most common effects of the crossover to Valium, sedation and depression?

Hello, Lcler.  Would your daughter’s physician be willing to slow down the crossover if needed?  Some individuals need more time in between swaps to adjust.

Re: your question about possible effects ...

If you have not already done so, you might find it helpful to read through posts in the Valium/Diazepam Support Group and/or to ask this question of members who have experience using diazepam.

Posts by Momof7Babes might be of particular interest. Like your daughter, she was unstable on clonazepam, crossed to diazepam, and successfully completed her taper using a combination of regular tablets and the 5mg/5mL diazepam oral solution.  I’ve included a snippet from her “end of taper” announcement to the Valium/Diazepam Support Group below. Click the bolded words “Quote from” to view the entire post. Once there, click her username to display her Profile; then click “Show Posts” to display her posting history.

(snip)

Also, I just wanted to pop in real quick on this board and say that I took my last dose of Valium today, ending my taper at .02mg.  It has been a long journey and two years ago, I didn't think I was going to make it through this.  I'm grateful this part of it is over and I'm looking forward to more healing.  All the rest of you will get here too one day!  Wishing you the best and cheering you on!