Pregnancy after Benzos

[...]

Has anyone had any difficulty during pregnancy or in the postpartum period after benzo withdrawal? I’d like to get pregnant about 5 months after taper but I’m afraid it’s going to re trigger all of the symptoms, and just not sure what the hormones could potentially do.

Hi ABR, I was taking 1mg Lorazepam after the birth of my first baby and had to stop when I got pregnant with my second four years later. I found it quite easy to do this and managed to stay off until I gave birth and during breastfeeding for 10months. I found I had a different mindset then. Sadly, I started taking them again when we moved house and continued on and off for many years. Now, I am determined to get off for good! Sending healing hugs.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes. I got pregnant 14 months after and I developed mast cell problems. I’m more sick now Han wen I jumped I’m 4 years off now. I ended up in the ER when my baby was 4 days old and had diarrhea for 9 months straight after. I did not have a good experience.

Hi ABR,

I had 2 babies before I went through WD and would have loved more (I'm in my early 30's). It's just not in the cards for me with how sensitive I am to things after being fully healed - even a couple of doses of antibiotics threw me into a state worse then acute after being healed and I cannot imagine being postpartum with a new baby and trying to manage WD symtpoms because another med caused me to become symptomatic again.

In saying that, I know you are not the only one who has wanted or had babies after going through this but I would definitely try and wait until you know that you are healed before you get pregnant.

I truly wish you all the best, I totally understand the feeling of wanting more babies  :smitten: