Benzo-Induced Fibromyalgia?

[Ho...]

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I've been here because I was experiencing "healing fatigue" - you know, when you exhaust yourself trying to heal? Constant research was causing more stress, and I had to quit for a while.  Now, I think I have come to terms that healing just takes time...period.

Anyway, I think every single symptom has improved or gone away for me EXCEPT pain.  Prior to all this, I worked out daily.  I walked for pleasure every evening (4-5 miles of physical and mental release).  Now, I can't stand longer than ten minutes.  I can't do dishes.  I can't vacuum.  I can't paint, hike, swim, etc.  I can't even sit in one position for long without becoming STIFF (so stiff!) and painful! Joint pain and muscle pain and stiffness.  It feels like my muscles are cables. 

Can anyone offer encouragement on this being a symptom that heals as well? 

Thank you so much!

I’m like this and I’m still tapering!

Oh go to physio and chiropractor once per week, they help a lot.

They have given me a bunch of exercises to do to loosen up, main one is diaphragmatic breathing.

The pain is certainly next level.

I too spend way too much time researching things everyday!!

Good luck,

Winnie

I was originally prescribed meds for “fibromyalgia” and the pains have been extra bad since tolerance and tapering.

I strongly believe that fibromyalgia is overall just a nervous system dysfunction. Studies on fibromyalgia patients have shown that the GABA system is affected for those who have chronic pain. So when the gaba heals, the pain should decrease also.

Let us keep on healing and holding on to hope!

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia prior to cold turkeying from a 40+ years Valium use, the symptoms I had in Benzo withdrawal were almost the same symptoms I had from Fibro, and I suspect that every time I stopped using Valium I was in a withdrawal from the Valium which was misdiagnosed as Fibro.

• 3 weeks later...

I was originally prescribed meds for “fibromyalgia” and the pains have been extra bad since tolerance and tapering.

I strongly believe that fibromyalgia is overall just a nervous system dysfunction. Studies on fibromyalgia patients have shown that the GABA system is affected for those who have chronic pain. So when the gaba heals, the pain should decrease also.

Thanks for your post. I'm in the same situation, and I think you are so right.  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

40% of people with fibromyalgia actually have small fiber neuropathy, but most doctors aren't educated enough to figure this out and even neurologists wont often do a skin bunch biopsy for it. https://journals.lww.com/painrpts/fulltext/2018/01000/specific_symptoms_may_discriminate_between.2.aspx

I had sciatic nerve pain before the K, but holy coooooow, it’s SO much worse now! I stand up for a while and my back starts to kill me. I lay down to try and alleviate the pain and then it’s almost impossible for me to stand back up again. Sometimes if I lay for too long in one spot, my muscles and skin start burning and aching. I notice they my joints hurt a LOT more than they ever have.