What do you guys think?

[Ho...]

The psychiatrist that put me on the klono also did some other stuff that I have been feeling like I should go after her about lately (meaning law suite).

She had checked my blood before I began any medication, and had put me on Synthroid, which is the brand name for levothyroxine, a synthetic version of a thyroid hormone that people take if they have hypothyroidism. I was on it for about 4-5 months, and began to lose weight. I kept telling her "I think it is the synthroid, is that a side effect?" of which she kept denying that it was. She then informed me that I didn't even have an under-active thyroid, and that technically I didn't even need the synthroid. She was prescribing it to "enhance the antidepressant effect of 5-htp" that she had given me (yes she gave me 5-htp-she was the one who introduced me to it). Now that I look back on it, I realize that I probably lost so much weight as a result of this. I haven't really been able to get that weight back either.

I don't know. I am just angry at all of the harm she caused, including the klono. I really am curious to know if anybody thinks I would stand a chance with a law suite.

Hmmmm.  Tough call. 

First thing I would do is ask her office for a copy of your medical records.  She should have made notes as to why you were given medications she prescribed.

If anything, you can fill a report with the AMA if you feel she did not act in good faith.

From what I have researched, I have found that it is extremley diffifult, not to mention very costly, to bring about a malpractice law suit.  Maybe one day there will be a class action law suit pertaining to benzos, eh?