Author Topic: “New clues to the biology of long COVID are starting to emerge”  (Read 368 times)

[Buddie]

NPR article today

“New clues to the biology of long COVID are starting to emerge”

https://apple.news/A5LumXwQPToibiSI3UaivPA

"And then I started with really bad heart-racing with any exertion. It was weird," says LaDue, 54, of Ontario, N.Y. "Walking up the stairs, I'd have to sit down and rest. And I was short of breath. I had to rest after everything I did." 

A year later, LaDue still feels like a wreck. She gets bad headaches and wakes up with pain all over her body on more days than not. She also experiences a sudden high-pitched whistling in her ears, bizarre phantom smells and vibrations in her legs. Her brain is so foggy most of the time that she had to quit her job as a nurse and is afraid to drive.

"These symptoms, they come and go," she says. "You think: 'It's gone.' You think: 'This is it. I'm getting better.' And then it'll just rear back up again… The hardest part, definitely, is trying to look and be normal — but not feeling normal."

Hmmm.  Seems familiar.  Imagine having withdrawal symptoms x 2
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: “New clues to the biology of long COVID are starting to emerge”
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 12:08:48 pm »
"starting to emerge"? I had an appointment with one of the top psychiatrists in my country a few months ago and he flat out told me they know that long covid is just a B12 deficiency and people are recovering from shots. Why is the medical community so backwards in terms of information sharing? Just a quick google search on "Long covid B12" pulls up ample results of people recovering with B12 shots.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.