Author Topic: Drug advertising in the US  (Read 197 times)

[Buddie]

Drug advertising in the US
« on: November 12, 2021, 08:28:21 am »
I just watched a show called dopesick. Actually I had to turn it off cos it freaked me out. But I was shocked to see TV advertising for medications. I mean is that real? If it is, that's pretty shocking. Definitely wouldn't be allowed in Europe. I think I saw a buddy mention advertising, but never imagined it would be like that
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Drug advertising in the US
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 02:01:28 pm »
Very real.  They show you a pleasant scene with happy people living their happy lives.  Then at the end they list out all the horrible side effects and tell you to talk to your doctor.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.