Has anyone tried this yet?

[le...]

Has anyone tried Gabapentin fir anxiety? Didn't get any replies in other med board. Mine chemically induced, tried every self help measure, herbs, yoga you name it nothing helps. So after nearly 32 months of this considering this. It gets good reviews on line, hoping if try low dose will be able to wean off, being made CT def caused all this!!

I was prescribed it for muscle pain.I had an awful experience. Started at 100mg - week 3 up to 300mg a day. I couldn’t get out of bed - muscles so stiff. Had to taper off over 6 weeks using liquid, as was addicted  by then, on such a small amount.  That’s my story -maybe others did better?

Has anyone tried Gabapentin fir anxiety? Didn't get any replies in other med board. Mine chemically induced, tried every self help measure, herbs, yoga you name it nothing helps. So after nearly 32 months of this considering this. It gets good reviews on line, hoping if try low dose will be able to wean off, being made CT def caused all this!!

Unfortunately, gabapentin did nothing for me when I tried it many years ago but good luck to you. I know someone personally (IRL) who says it does help but this person is also still on klonopin. If anything helps you get off benzos and stay off benzos, I would probably try it and keep taking it for a while until your CNS settles down. My goal personally is to try to manage naturally with diet, exercise, and meditation, but that can be a real struggle too when you feel it is not providing adequate relief.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was going through withdrawals from Valium, I met up with a psychiatric nurse practitioner.  He prescribed gabapentin to help me through it all.  It did help with sleep, but GABA tolerance increases and each night or every other night to up the dose to get the same effect.  It is a safe drug, and of course, your health care provider can advise you as to how much to take and how to take it.  I used it for about two weeks and then began to taper after that.  GABA, if taken for a long time, can cause some withdrawal issues 

For me I used: meditation audios as much as three to four times a day.  It really helped.  I also discovered a supplement called 'L-theanine'. L-theanine will not take away all symptoms but it took the edge off it all.  L-theanine is a concentrate derived from green tea  Good luck to you. 

For me I used: meditation audios as much as three to four times a day.  It really helped.  I also discovered a supplement called 'L-theanine'. L-theanine will not take away all symptoms but it took the edge off it all.  L-theanine is a concentrate derived from green tea  Good luck to you.

Not to derail the thread, but could you name a meditation audio you like?

Not gabapetin but Liryca,(same class of drug) stronger, I told you that, i was housebound having intense symptoms,  mental ones, fear, dp/dr, the whole ordeal, 10 months off when this drug switched off all those SX, agoraphobia,  social phobica, anxiety,  ocd toughts due to getting my chemical anxiety in check,  previously to those 10 months i tried many times but my symptoms kept ongoing , one day suddenly i took a high dose of it 450mg and it managed my mental torment,  with time i dropped to 300mg daily, i was doing fine, i relapsed in jail due to a flare up, but even there prior to this flare up and relapse i was functioning well, 

5 years later im still on 300 mg on this withdrawal,  not in tolerance,  it still think that if it wasnt for this drug i would be doing worst, 12 months off btw, and still phobic, much worst in comparison to how this drug acted at 10 months off back then,  i dont promote the use of this drug or any other neurotoxin to deal with the withdrawal of another one , if it wasnt APs wd i wouldnt be on benzos,  then i wouldnt be taking pregabalin to endure so much suffering,  but this drug really helped to mask symptoms back then, and i think is still helping to hold back mental symptoms ,

Itried a tiny dose of clonidine, it calms the adrenaline type of anxiety very well, but not for mental (like OCD or Intrusive thoughts), take extended released vitamin C before bed helps for the morning anxiety a little.

Not gabapetin but Liryca,(same class of drug) stronger, I told you that, i was housebound having intense symptoms,  mental ones, fear, dp/dr, the whole ordeal, 10 months off when this drug switched off all those SX, agoraphobia,  social phobica, anxiety,  ocd toughts due to getting my chemical anxiety in check,  previously to those 10 months i tried many times but my symptoms kept ongoing , one day suddenly i took a high dose of it 450mg and it managed my mental torment,  with time i dropped to 300mg daily, i was doing fine, i relapsed in jail due to a flare up, but even there prior to this flare up and relapse i was functioning well, 

5 years later im still on 300 mg on this withdrawal,  not in tolerance,  it still think that if it wasnt for this drug i would be doing worst, 12 months off btw, and still phobic, much worst in comparison to how this drug acted at 10 months off back then,  i dont promote the use of this drug or any other neurotoxin to deal with the withdrawal of another one , if it wasnt APs wd i wouldnt be on benzos,  then i wouldnt be taking pregabalin to endure so much suffering,  but this drug really helped to mask symptoms back then, and i think is still helping to hold back mental symptoms ,

You took 300 mg of Lyrica?  I have sometimes taken 50, is why I ask.  So you are on this only?  What is APs?  Agree that Lyrica seems to do something and gabapentin just puts me in outer space.  This all so difficult!

GP refuses give me anything, beta blockers only thing got offered, but don't have physical symptoms. Wish I could get diazapam on line. Been hung out to dry by medical profession!

GP refuses give me anything, beta blockers only thing got offered, but don't have physical symptoms. Wish I could get diazapam on line. Been hung out to dry by medical profession!

Hi Lean, have you tried Lyrica yet? Yesterday I tired 10mg-15mg and it did calm me.