• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mr...]

• [Sc...]

• [sl...]

• [Tr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I started with 1/2 of my nighttime dose. Daytime anxiety is my big hurdle.

It was definitely bumpy for a week or so.

More physical symptoms in my case - lots of body tingling. So odd.

I sometimes hardly function, sometimes it's little easier. It's so unpredictable. But i think crossing to valium is making things easier relatively.

Yes I can stay functional if I taper even slower, but i prefer to go through pain and get benzo free in a certain period of time, I'm still going slow but not that slow like a guy said 5 years of taper.

But if I had bills to pay then I may prefer long time taper, but I'm in no such compulsions. I have a house and i get food to eat, so i think the big ambitions can wait.

Never want to talk positive till I recover from the benzo thing, but I feel way way better than when I was in etizolam.

Oh man, thats good to hear. I understand your reservation. I also had windows and thought, well I have had the worst and ride it out. I never could be more wrong.

I think the constant changing serumlevel in the blood with short acting benzo's is to much for our nerves, even when dosing 3 or 4 times.

Hope you keep fine and have a more gentle taper!

I have asked my dr. for V too.

I am 8 days into switching from 1mg daily to valium.

Dec.30 I woke screaming and crying to my hubby as Ive been  slowly tampering from 2mg to .25mg of ativan. It was done too fast..less than 1 week.

Dec.31 my hubby made some calls to freinds and got some valiums and kpins.

Jan1. I took 2mg ativan and 15mg valium at once.

Jan2. 15mg valium

Jan3. 12.5 valium in am and 2.5 val pm.

Jan.4 12.5 valium

Jan5. 10mg valium am and 5 mg valium in the pm.

Jan6. 10mg valium and 1mg kpin.

Jan7. 10mg valium and 1 mg kpin at same time in am.

So far so good and I hope to only use the kpins every once in a while and transition to the valium and slowly descrease.

I think it's best to switch to valium as all do, and then taper.

Somewhere I read, valium despite being a long half life may still give interdose, so i will continue to dose 3x a day after I cross over to valium fully.

Today morning I had chest burning, restlessness. It has decreased a lot since then but still a wierd chest sensation continues. Feeling faintly nauseous too.

I am currently in my 5th step and in comparison with etizolam withdrawal I'm far better.