I need help

[mo...]

I do not know what to do.  I feel so lost.  It takes me hours just to read and try to figure out this forum.  Maybe I need to go back to FB? I left FB.  I am isolated.  No support.  I am scared.  The depression is intense.  It seems I cannot function much at all anymore.  I am so scared.  Any suggestions?

I do not know what to do.  I feel so lost.  It takes me hours just to read and try to figure out this forum.  Maybe I need to go back to FB? I left FB.  I am isolated.  No support.  I am scared.  The depression is intense.  It seems I cannot function much at all anymore.  I am so scared.  Any suggestions?

Hi ,

So,

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=3311129;topic=262300.0

Thie above link will get you back to this very same page, You need to save this page to your favorites

, Click on it,  then open the menu of your internet browser (uphead, in the top of the screen, besides of the box where you write the  web adresses)

if its a chrome browser there is 3 little dots , ckick on them to open the menu, by opening you will see on the very top of this menu box,  a little star thats not collored in the middle ,

click on the star and you will save this page to your favorite ones

, whenever you open this menu,  if you click in the big black star (favorites) you will be leaded to a page where you can see all your saved internet links, there you will get this link that brings you back here, and.from here you can choose where to go

This following link is leading to the forum main (index) page where you can scroll down and choose a subject like post withdrawal , taper plans ot whatever you want to search about :

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php

This following link will lead you to  some new and UNREADED posts since your last visit

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?action=unread

This following page is going to show if there are new replies on threads you started or that you replyed

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?action=unreadreplies

Hope thats not too complicated ,

I find that the one thing that helps depression the most is human contact, and that's the one thing you have been without apparently.  Is there a possibility that you could get into counseling?  It can be such a relief to have a safe person to talk to and who understands and will provide you with ways to cope. 

I will provide you with a list of links that will take you to videos and sites that have helped me.  I hope some of this is of use to you! 

https://www.guptaprogram.com/

https://www.tappingsolutionfoundation.org/tapping-teachers-students/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrJOMBhCZARIsAGEd4VHrYUap4g-P9wMxj4ASCB_bvBbgsEFXOCEfRplSBkELR5eN-zxS-IAaAs0zEALw_wcB

(This one says it's for insomnia, but you can use it to relax any time)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having a horrible time with depression, but mine is really long-standing. After 30 years of psych drugs, I'm trying to come off them in the hope that I will somehow heal. I was just getting steadily worse on them... suicidal even on all the antidepressants.

I'm still tapering... at .53mg A, but I'm off the antidepressants for 8 months now.

Depression is such a beast. It keeps us from wanting to do the very things that would help. I'm still going to therapy twice a week... I've been doing that for a year. But my life is just disintegrating more and more. I'm in bed all day, pretty much.

If you're able, the following things can help with depression:

Getting outside, gentle walks in nature, really looking at and even touching whatever you see... this helps to ground you and learn to appreciate natural phenomena.

Meditation... there are tons of youtube videos to help you with this. Even just 5-10 minutes a day can be helpful.

Yoga nidra... again, youtube... Ally Boothroyd has many videos that I like... she has a very calm, soothing voice. You just lay down and listen, focus on whatever body part she directs you to. It helps get you out of your head.

Nutrition... keep it healthy and natural.

Good sleep hygiene. Not sure how you're sleeping, but try to go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time.

Early morning light. If you can get out for a short walk in the first couple hours of the day... even just 10 minutes. That early light helps reset circadian rhythms and will also help with healthy sleep patterns.

Therapy. Like I said, I'm going twice a week and it's slow going, but I'm a hard case. It might help you sooner.

Talking with friends and family... anyone who will listen really. Isolation is horrible for depression, though this is often what we want to do.

I'm sure there's much more that might help with depression, but this is what comes to mind for me today. Even if you could just pick one thing and get started. I hope you find some relief soon.

Hi mom, please know that you are not alone. Great suggestions here to try. Having a good sob helps my depression but I know that doesn’t work for everyone. Are you depressed all the time or does it come in waves? Sending healing hugs.

Hi mom,

I feel your pain and cries for help, I've been there.  I still struggle with the "beast" myself, especially going through this taper.  Even reading replies I've gotten on here has lifted me up when I've been super low.  I hope at least reading that people care about you and understand depression, lifts your heart a little.  I relate to the psychiatric meds making you feel worse instead of better, that is the case for me, too. I'm gradually taking myself of all my meds because they were making me feel distressed and have crazy thoughts.  You are healing, but this point of the journey where you are at this moment is living hell.  Hang on, it will pass, my mother used to say all things shall pass in time.  It sucks, but you have to hold on for the moment and reach out and make any small measure of contact with someone in person or on the phone...I know it's hard when depression is hanging around your neck.  If you can't do that, then perhaps listening to some comforting you tube meditations.  I love the loving and comforting sound of Louis Hay's voice.  If you search her on you tube, you'll find a number of them and you can select one that feels right.  I wish I could wave a magic wand and make your pain go away. Reality sucks when we are clinically depressed.  Know you are loved and many here will be praying for you. Sending hugs of healing and support.