Author Topic: Need advice whether to take amitriptyline?  (Read 989 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Need advice whether to take amitriptyline?
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2021, 05:58:23 pm »
Anti depressants help hundreds of thousands of people with OCD. They are a first line treatment. They often need to be taken at high dosages for the therapeutic effect to be seen but given enough time at the right dosage they have been life changing for many, many, many people. If [...] does not want to go down the AD path again then thatís her choice obviously but recommending that she try mushrooms is insane. Iím sorry, but it is. Insane and dangerous.

We are entitled to our opinions. But as we are all here because of the damage done by modern medicine and left to fend for ourselves it's seems to me that advocating the use of more pharmaceuticals to repair the damage is insanity. Have we not suffered enough by the hands of big pharma??

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Need advice whether to take amitriptyline?
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 06:58:12 pm »
Anti depressants help hundreds of thousands of people with OCD. They are a first line treatment. They often need to be taken at high dosages for the therapeutic effect to be seen but given enough time at the right dosage they have been life changing for many, many, many people. If [...] does not want to go down the AD path again then thatís her choice obviously but recommending that she try mushrooms is insane. Iím sorry, but it is. Insane and dangerous.

I went into a major depressive and panicked spiral recently. After a week of it building into something so severe I thought I might genuinely top myself I finally reached for my jar of shrooms and took a micro dose for 2 days. I am 100% back to normal and I feel very content with life once again. It had been over 6 months since my last dose. An easy 6 months of relief, no continuous dosing, you just use it a few times or a one off high dose and you're set for a long time.

The only insanity is your ignorance to the abundance of evidence supporting their use. Psilocybin is far safer and likely more effective than literally any antidepressant. Not for all people but generally speaking. I've had antidepressants that worked really well for me and got me functioning, but it's not half of what psilocybin provides. Also AD withdrawals can be just as horrific as benzos, but psilocybin has no withdrawal. Even if it did you would never find out because you barely have to take it for it to work. Another aspect is that most people have similar reactions to psilocybin unless they have something like scizophrenia/psychosis, the same can not even be slightly said for the million different reactions and side effects everyone has to the same antidepressants.

It is a literal wonder drug.. if you suffer depression I truly pity your stance. You can be scared of it, but for anyone that has the ability to look outside of a stigma it's no different than using anything else, other than the fact it is safer in every sense. You trust the thing some guy made 30 years ago but won't consider something that evolved alongside us for God knows how long.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.