Valium Users, at what dose did you cold turkey?

[6d...]

If you feel comfortable doing it, go for it :thumbsup: After monitoring your body for so long, you have the best intuition to make that call.

From completely anecdotal evidence, to me it seems like with Xanax (and other shorter benzos) the waves are tougher, sharper, and more intensive than Valium waves. Just remember it takes days until possible WDs appear with Valium.

I went from 30mg monthly average Valium use to CT with less than week of taper. I did not obviously know then what I was doing, but even if I did now (after witnessing some rather desperate moments) I would still do it this way*. Ive already had 3 evenings of windows in a row. Hell, I dont even know if those were windows; because I felt high! Or maybe that is how life feels after this ghastly demon is dealt with?

*In the circumstances I have! Namely, no need to work or do other obligations during withdrawal, and having someone who looks after me. This combined with not being a daily user, not using for very long (Less than 3 years), and only using Valium, rather than fast benzos.

I went from 20 mg a night for years to zero....I didn't know about tapering..it sucked for two weeks..no sleep and basically a mess...after 28 days I got my first 8 hours of sleep...see my post to follow my story...

• 2 weeks later...
I used Valium/Diazepam for 40+ years on and off and never went above 5mgs. at night except when my husband was dying, I took sometimes 3 5mg pills a day.  I cold turkeyed after my husband died...4 years of withdrawal, mainly muscle pain, insomnia, neuropathy, tinnitus, and I had a couple of seizures early on.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I used to take between 6-10 mg Diazepam/Valium. Last year I tried to taper off without any support. I started getting very confused and couldn't remember in the end of I had taken my medication or not. To cut a long story short, I took an 'accidental underdose'and went cold turkey without realising. It was one of the worst experiences of my life and I am still recovering now. My advice would be to taper it as gradually as you can and make sure that you have support in place. Good luck

I cold turkeyed off 15 mg of Valium it was hell. I had to reinstate and taper for 7 months. I am 4 years off and still really struggling.