I accidentally jumped

[He...]

Hey there:)

I got down to .1mg twice a day last Friday and I kept forgetting to take one of my doses and about 3 days ago forgot to take it at all and haven't taken it since. I battle with insomnia but it isn't worse because I am not taking Xanax. It is back and forth. I was getting a few 8 hour nights here and there and then I had a bad week. I had 3 to 4 hours last night after laying in bed for 10 hours.

Anyway, I guess I jumped. It's been 3 days. No point in going back now.

HM

I love it!  I love when I hear members say they kept forgetting to take their dose, that says to me that it's time because mentally you've already left the drug behind and you're just making it official.  I love that forgetting to take that darn thing slipped your mind, because it needs to stop being front and center in your life, it needs to be sent to the trash bin never to return. 

Big smile on my face HeartMost, you did it and you're right, you're not going back!  :yippee:

HM,

Congratulations...that's fantastic

Let the healing and recovery begin...

It won't be easy and will most likely be a roller coaster ride with symptoms and sleep, but you CAN do this, you've been doing this...

You WILL heal...  You WILL get sleep back!

Hang on, it will eventually even out...

Thanks guys:)

This is my 4th day without Xanax and so far, so good. My sleep is still rough. It's been a while since I have had an 8 hour night. That's my biggest hurdle! Sleep!

Have a great day, everyone and thanks, again!

XO

HM

Yeeeeeeeeewww! She’s done it!

See u later xanax u mofo!

I’m so proud of u girl! U did it. Now….. my advice. I thought, I’m off things will be better soon. Let go of that thought. Just roll with the punches and try to look at this as a hold. Things might stay the same for a while, but… sometimes they get better quickly too! Take good care of urself now x

I still have all my Xanax and Ambien, just in case, lol. I KNOW I'm never taking it again but I am too scared to get rid of it yet. I will wait a month or so to be EXTRA SURE I am done and not having extra WD, beyond the usual, and get rid of it.

Thanks for all your gracious replies! I wasn't planning to jump for 2 weeks, lol. This is day 5 without it.

HM

I still have all my Xanax and Ambien, just in case, lol. I KNOW I'm never taking it again but I am too scared to get rid of it yet. I will wait a month or so to be EXTRA SURE I am done and not having extra WD, beyond the usual, and get rid of it.

Thanks for all your gracious replies! I wasn't planning to jump for 2 weeks, lol. This is day 5 without it.

HM

HM, I would not keep any Benzos or Z drugs around "just in case."  Rescue doses don't help and can reset your healing and recovery clock?

I made it a point to flush everything and tell my PCP no matter how desperate I got to never prescribe me any Benzos or Z drugs.

Otherwise in a moment of weakness, you'll be tempted to take them...trust me, I've been there and done that...it's better to get rid of all of it

Think of it as getting rid of RAT POISON, then you shouldn't have any problem doing that?

Hi HM,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

CONGRATULATIONS!  You did it! You're Benzo free!

From now on things are slowly going to get better! 

Don't keep any of this sh#t, don’t flush any meds either. Bad for the environment!  Take them back to where you got them from.

Good riddens,  benzos!

Trochsetter

Troch is right about flushing them, but that’s what I did. I flushed them. I cried as I did it because of what they did to me, but it was an important thing for me to do. I didn’t do it straight away either, but there was no chance of me taking zopiclone again. Valium I kept around longer and when things got really rough I did think about it so I had to flush that too. Better to get rid of it if ur tempted x

Troch is rich about flushing them, but that’s what I did. I flushed them. I cried as I did it because of what they did to me, but it was an important thing for me to do. I didn’t do it straight away either, but there was no chance of me taking zopiclone again. Valium I kept around longer and when things got really rough I did think about it so I had to flush that too. Better to get rid of it if ur tempted x

I flushed my Xanax too, didn't realize it was bad thing to do.  With the temazepam, I knew not to flush it.  I should have taken it to the pharmacy or something, but it was a pretty big stash as I had hoarded pills so that I could still taper if they cut me off.  I just felt weird about it, so I ruined them by soaking them with water and then tossed them in the trash.  Also a bad idea! 

My doctor told me that it was perfectly fine to flush Xanax .....  but to never flush antibiotics. 

Hence, I've flushed a ton of 1 milligram tablets that I no longer use or need. 

Congratulations HM!  I'm happy for you being off.  It's a big milestone.  It doesn't mean things will be easy, but it's a big step towards healing.  Well done!

Thanks AD! Today is one week since I have been off. On the one hand, I wish I had never taken it and on the other hand, it was there for me when I needed it and I was REALLY struggling bad. My sleep and anxiety are stable at the moment and I hope they begin to get better as the days go by.

Have a great day!

HM