Hi buddys

[Fa...]

Hi been on Dalmane 15 mg 35 years, six months off now on Diazepam 2mg twice a day tapering off slowly Dr wanting to half again too fast so go by how i feel with withdrawal effects

Using podcasts to ade sleep via YouTube it helps Darren Brown,

Allowing for ups and downs no winners cutting down fast,

In all probability i may need medicinal support abuse PTSD,

Life is clearer now less clouded.

Hi Fatslim  :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you are here,  Its great that life is becoming clearer, its a good feeling when the fog lifts.  You have a great attitude, well done getting off the Dalmane.    Take your time, you will come through this,  slow is the way!  You've come to a good place for support and information.  We have a great community here of knowledgeable and friendly people who understand this process.  Feel free to ask questions so that members can respond.

For tapering advice its generally recommended that you cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days according to how you are feeling.  If things feel too tough then we suggest that you cut less.  The aim is to try and keep any symptoms manageable.

The  Ashton Manual , It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

You might like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• 2 weeks later...

Hi been on Dalmane 15 mg 35 years, six months off now on Diazepam 2mg twice a day tapering off slowly Dr wanting to half again too fast so go by how i feel with withdrawal effects

Using podcasts to ade sleep via YouTube it helps Darren Brown,

Allowing for ups and downs no winners cutting down fast,

In all probability i may need medicinal support abuse PTSD,

Life is clearer now less clouded.

Hello,

did you taper Dalmane first?

Or did you go straight to Valium?

I also have a problem with Dalmane.

Did it still work for you?

Is there anything that helped you

• 6 months later...

Hi Buddy’s

I had 1 year to come off Dalmane it was banned reclassified as class A where i live,

I could of lost my driving license so I opened the capsule every night and guessed (please don’t try this) I was offered Diazepam said no, it was a rough ride, I got down to 2 mg went to a new GP as my GP was of no help even asked for support from Drugs and Alcohol sorry your not abusing drugs! Wrote to government minister he said he would come back never did thanks Mr Renouf,

I asked if Dalmane could be stopped and Dizapam introduced as it had a longer half life 10 mg twice a day i am now down to 2 mg morning and night I am much clearer feel totally diffrent,seeing myself one day i asked who is that! It was like a rebirth, i tapered too quickly hence a bad time whatever you do talk to family and friends tell them what you are doing and your GP don’t rush it I have been told another 15 months to reduce the Diazepam I can do that treat your whole body water, diet, sleep will be everywhere make use of relaxation podcasts and other methods good luck 😉 peeps 🤞.