Point of Return, The Road Back, and the Church of Scientology

[zh...]

Alessandra Rain's  (founder of LabelMeSane and Point of Return) Scientology Service Completion is documented here:

Andrea Crocker's (co-founder of Point of Return) Scientology Service Completion is documented here:

Alesandra's book 'Deeds of Trust' got me thinking..... hmmm now how could someone who just got out of treatment center just write a book and get it published so easily? I know many professional writers who have had great difficulty getting anything published.... so I did a little more digging and found she has a publicity/public relations agent named Cheryl Duncan ... you can view the relationship on this link :

And a google search of "Cheryl Duncan" Scientologist brings up a bunch of articles.... seems she's a pretty big person with celebrities.... here is the link to the article at the top of the list just for one example:

She even made a video about herself and the Church of Scientology which can be seen in that link or at the "church's" own website and it played in the above link when I was reading the article.

Also, why would the head of a non-profit (Alessandra) need a personal publicity agent? From her website:

Terry Crocker (Andrea's brother) and Executive Director of Point of Return states in his bio that he attended "Cirque Lodge" treatment center:

A google search of "Cirque Lodge" Scientology gives this result page:

seems quite a few Scientologists go there for treatment and there are many indicators pointing to it being a Scientology treatment center , along with NARCONON

Oh, and "Cirque Lodge" is also where Alesandra went for HER OWN detox/rehab... she states it in her own bio:

Also, James Harper, author of the book "The Road Back" his Scientology info can be found here:

correct me if my interpretation is wrong, but to me it looks like he is on Scientology's "Honor Roll" which means he donated at least $100,000 to the "church"

Also, The following 3 mentions of James Harper appear in OFFICIAL Scientology publications:

James & Mary Beth Harper Founding Patrons Impact 109 2004-09-01

James & Mary Beth Harper Patrons Impact 114 2006-09-01

James Harper Honor Roll Impact 114 2006-09-01

There is also a lot of discussion on websites I came across of people discussing the relationship of "The Road Back" and the "church" of Scientology.

On a pro-scientology website page which lists pro-scientology books and websites, "The Road Back" is listed as well as Alasandra's website prior to Point of Return which was called LabelMeSane .... read for yourself here:

Point of Return says it is a non-profit 501 © (3) organization. They have a place on their website where one can donate money for someone who can't afford their products:

Tax Deductible Giving

Donate

Purchase a 3 month supply of Point Of Return Supplements for a specific or anonymous deserving individual.  Point Of Return will cover all shipping costs.

Donate

Purchase a 6 month supply of Point Of Return Supplements for a specific or anonymous deserving individual. Point Of Return will cover all shipping costs.

Donate

Purchase a 12 month supply of Point Of Return Supplements for a specific or anonymous deserving individual. Point Of Return will cover all shipping costs.

Donate

Make a secure one time donation to Point of Return.

Donate

Make a secure monthly reoccurring donation.

I can state for a FACT that I was unable to be an "anonymous" beneficiary. I offered to prove to them that I have NO income and NO financial resources and I was quickly told "come up with the money or we can't (won't) help you".... not even a discount!

A financial audit as to how much money and where it goes would be fascinating reading, imo.

Also, Label Me Sane, Alessandra's company, has an address of 30765 Pacific Coast Hwy #266 malibu, CA 90265 put that into google maps and you'll see it is 1 block from Malibu beach. Must be nice. (At least the non-profit drug rehab organizations I know of can barely afford to pay the light bill) another verifying link:

I hope that others are helped by my research. One very important disclaimer I would like to make is that I know for an ABSOLUTE FACT that a top person on Point of Returns medical advisory board is ABSOLUTELY NOT A SCIENTOLOGIST. It is my opinion/belief they were deceived by Point of Return.

Hello zhivago,

We are not a platform to be used for complaint about other organizations, of course you can report your own experiences, but do not overstep the line by turning this into a campaign.

We are not interested in your pet theories about who's behind what, you can point to information in an off-topic discussion where this thread has been moved but, again no campaign.

Whatever you do here, it should be for the benefit of our members, if you were to report about your experience of The Road Back and other products, that's fine.

Pam

Thats interesting that she could be scientologist , but whats your point?

For as much as they get that "crazy" rep, I am not so sure they deserve it. In some ways, they could look at those of us who took benzos and say "I told you so..."

For as much as they get that "crazy" rep, I am not so sure they deserve it. In some ways, they could look at those of us who took benzos and say "I told you so..."

Maybe we could all hook up to an "e-meter"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_O51Y5rvfCxM/R1mJuNemgiI/AAAAAAAAAKY/OMM9vULPOpA/s400/john-travolta-scientology.jpg

and have our operating thetans released  lolroflmao

They're nut jobs, the lot of them, period.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2009/09/scientology1-670x444.jpg

If anyone can prove to me any of the clap trap put out by scientology or validate any of the idiocy of dianetics I will gladly eat my hat.  (do thetans wear hats? or helmets?)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_O51Y5rvfCxM/R1mJuNemgiI/AAAAAAAAAKY/OMM9vULPOpA/s400/john-travolta-scientology.jpg 

and have our operating thetans released  lolroflmao

If anyone can prove to me any of the clap trap put out by scientology or validate any of the idiocy of dianetics I will gladly eat my hat.  (do thetans wear hats? or helmets?)

Point of Return recommends slowly tapering off of psychiatric medications, understanding the side effects that will occur, using Omega 3 fatty acids and other safe supplements to aid in withdrawal, and making sure you get good nutrition.

Sounds a lot like this website no?

and have our operating thetans released  lolroflmao

If anyone can prove to me any of the clap trap put out by scientology or validate any of the idiocy of dianetics I will gladly eat my hat.  (do thetans wear hats? or helmets?)

Point of Return recommends slowly tapering off of psychiatric medications, understanding the side effects that will occur, using Omega 3 fatty acids and other safe supplements to aid in withdrawal, and making sure you get good nutrition.

Sounds a lot like this website no?

No.

The insert that comes with the medication states all the same things.

That website is created for the sole purpose of selling extremely expensive snake oils based on no science whatsoever.  It is made to take advantage of people with weakened mental states.  Claim after claim after claim is made with absolutely nothing to support any of them.

The real deal sealer is the get out clause on every page:

"While great care has been taken in organizing and presenting the material throughout this website, please note that it is provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as Medical Advice."

They have a dumb product for every withdrawal conceivable, some that "should" be taken for months.  They dress up the product descriptions with pseudo scientific jargon to mesmerize those in withdrawal.  

Just when you think it can't get any more insidious the nail in the thetan is:

"*The program outlined in Point of Return is not meant to substitute your doctor, instead it is to be utilized with your physician to help you with your drug withdrawal process and with his or her consent.

*The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The products and labels mentioned / sold are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness."

which make me pee a little with laughter.

So the products they are marketing to TREAT medication withdrawal and PREVENT ILLNESS AND DISEASE are not actually intended for those purposes.

Sorry, it's just one in a line of many scams aimed at the weak and ill informed.

I won't even get started on the damage the production of their products does to the environment.

Yes they could say I told you so.

But, I trusted my Doctor. Sometimes I think if he had said....It's ok you're having panic attacks, there are millions of other people out there just like you and they can't harm you. Then say.....don't worry we will figure out a way to help you cope. If he had said that it may have put my mind at ease. Instead he gave me a label and gave me different pills out of his little bag of goodies. Until he found the one that shut me up and put me on a bi-yearly visit.

I don't really know much about this program, but I can see I did read James Harpers Book and while I did not really buy into all the supplements, because based on what I have seen they can rev up symptoms for some, I found Harper's book to be a good resource for me regarding taper rates.  Granted, you can learn much of that on the net, but if you are looking for a good book based source, in my opinion, he is pretty knowledgable about taper rates.

I do agree with amano that I think there are alot of supplements and "cures" tossed out there by people trying to make money off of other people's suffering.  I realize it may be just business to some, but it does seem cruel for people to do make a mint off of other people's hard times by promising a bunch of magic cures. I am not sure about thie particular program, as I don't know a whole lot about it, but I know there are several sellers out there who do this sort of thing and it makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't know a whole lot about Scientology either, but like any other religion, I try to respect it and not force my beliefs on anyone else.  I realize someone may say something like, "it's not a religion", I am not looking for that sort of debate, I just don't get the bashing. :)

TC

I know a lot about Scientology. (No I was never a scientologist lol) Murder and abuse with lower levels who are poor. Members aren't allowed to read about any "very REAL serious current and past charges and court cases" on the internet or elsewhere. It's all public record and there's plenty. Many major charges in tax evasion to assault, rape, kidnap, the whole nine yards. It's about control. They have one whole section that trains poor members "how to recruit wealthy people." 24/7 time and duties in the group are how poor members with small or no bank accounts "pay advancement" to the next level courses. Course advancement is the "incentive" to get no salary work with many poorer members while in Scientology. This is also how members that came in with money, pay continuing courses when their money runs out. Their courses to the next level are very expensive. All courses can end up costing nearly 100k. Celebrities that endorse it, aren't allowed to research what they are in and have no idea in the unique design methodology in which they were recruited. And the wealthy members are kept away, and have no idea what is going on with the poor side in the group. That's how they keep members. NO internet rule, NO investigating rule. Some countries have banned it. Some countries have strippeded Scientology's "church ranking" and listed it as a business. Some countries have now listed it as a cult. Many websites with missing people all over the world who joined Scientology. Very dangerous all about the money organization/cult. And they have money, many members and good lawyers but member numbers are starting to go down as more members are leaving and more in the general public are getting educated. I like their anti drug campaign however, but there is a whole other very dark side to this group. Because they are not allowed to research what they are in, and are not allowed to talk to regular people and law organizations, who can tell them the truth about the organization they are in, they stay in the group in the dark. Regular people, us, are called "suppressive people." Many very good people get reeled in, lose their amily members, and homes, and bank accounts. Many leave the organization and speak regularily about the organzation to help the general public understand the dangers and how they personally were misled, and what they actually witnessed.  I also like to respect other groups etc, but this is a well designed, manipulative, organization, not a church. Many to date have had no more contact allowed with wives, husbands, children, as there is no contact allowed when one leaves the organization. They try to recruit university students by telling the students they will learn nothing at university suggesting they will become nothing more than a working class society member. Past group members and certain law agency's tell the public to tell their children not to talk to Scientologists. "Dumbing down" people along with promises in personal growth, personal power, and enlightenment is a recruitment tactic.

Actually...Scientology is recognized by several nations as a Church.  :)

You seem to know alot more about it than I do, and I have no inclination to join them. I really don't have any interest in defending them either, so that really wasn't my purpose either, but as someone who knows what other groups teach about us....it is often hard to figure out what is propganda and what is indeed, fact.  As someone who has taught history at the university level, I was shocked to see some of the textbooks from other nations.  These textbooks clearly state the evils of other religions, including Christianity, with descriptions that would boggle your mind.  They also "forget" certain events even happened in their history texts.  I am not accusing you of doing this at all, as I have no real knowledge, other than just basic knowledge of what Scientology is, I am just stating the reasons why I stated that we should just respect other's beliefs, even if we don't agree with them.  If what you are saying is true, however, I may have to rethink that a bit too.  That was some scary info.  I know some strange things have been in the name of religion over the years, but if any of the info you posted is even partially true...what an eye opener.

TC

I tried to send you the public record links and other links so you could see but I can't send the message to your name. I you read the links, it's an eye opener. Yip. I didn't think it was appropriate to post the links here. I knew you weren't joining lol. So many people don't know, but more and more are learning. Yes some countries do have them as a church, but when you read the truth it's shocking because it's real. They dodge bullets legally because they have so much money. (my letter eph is out on my keyboard.)

We appreciate the varying viewpoints shared on this thread, however the Church of Scientology is recognized in many countries as a religion, so this discussion is inappropriate.  As I stated initially, if the discussion were about a members experience with Point of Return as a withdrawal aid, that would be welcome but it has not taken that path.  As a result, I'm locking this thread.

[5b...]