Insomnia

[Do...]

I have no pills to take for insomnia as I gave my brother the pills to guard.  I told him I would only take them if I have anxiety so I will probably be up all night as I either don't sleep or only sleep a few hours with no pill.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Do...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

• [Tr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you tell him that you'll only take them for sleep instead, since that's what they're for?  And you can just gradually reduce the dose you take each night. 

The problem is I have bad anxiety if I don't take them.  I would like to gradually reduce and quit as they are really bad for people.

You should establish a fixed dose and take that dose at night.  You can spread that dose out during the day if you do water titration so that your daytime symptoms are not as bad, but you should never change your dose except for when you taper down. 

I cut down from 1-2 of tempazapam  to .5 to 1 a day.  I took .5 a pill to sleep and slept from 10 to 230am.  I am exhausted and feel like I am never going to get off benzos.  I was upset because my brothers girlfriend got nasty and complained to my brother about not cleaning my room.

That's too big of a cut...but I don't have any experience tapering.  I did a cold turkey.  I was on temazepam too.  It has a short half life so it most likely won't keep you asleep all night anyway!

4.5 hours would have been a great night for me during my WD. 

At some point do a slow taper (See Ashton Manual)...no more than 5-10% every 2 weeks or so.  There is great advice on how to taper on other parts of this forum

I was convinced that I needed an Rx drug in order to sleep...that's simply NOT true.  Been sleeping pretty well now for over 3 years without any Rx crap and all Benzos are CRAP!

They were never meant for more than 2-4 weeks use max.  They're just a band-aid and a dead end road.  They don't treat or cure anything and only cause problems.

Good luck!

Thanks for your tips.  Sometimes I take .5 a pill in the morning for anxiety and .5 at night so I am only reducing to one if I have anxiety, but if I don't have anxiety I am reducing to .4.

Thanks Becksblue.  She got abusive a week ago and said a verbally abusive name.  I have an apartment two hours away on an early morning bus, but I don't like staying there as my mom and I lived there and she died.  I plan on renting a room close to my brother.  I took .5 a pill to sleep, but it is not working and it's 10pm.  I took a muscle relaxant and a nighttime advil, but nothing is putting me to sleep.  I don't want to take another half a pill as I took one pill today.  I will have to stay up all night.  Thanks everyone

I was tempted to take half a pill, but eventually fell asleep and slept until 9.it is hard to resist taking pills ever time I don't fall asleep or have anxiety.

It's super tempting and easy to justify taking another Benzo or another Rx drug used for sleep when you don't think you'll sleep or when anxiety is up, etc.

That's why getting rid of all Rx drugs, especially Benzos is a good idea IMO...now some of you might take an antipsy or other non-Benzo Rx drug for sleep...I'm not shaming you or telling you not to do that.  Just saying what worked for me.  And remember that Z-class drugs (Hypnotics) such as Ambien, Lunesta, etc. are just Benzos in disguise.

If these drigs are NOT in your house, you can't take them in a moment of weakness.

A veteran buddy gave me that advice almost 5 years ago and it greatly helped with my recovery....

Thanks for your tips.  It didn't do me any good to go cold turkey when I ran out as I always start on the tempazapam when I get my new prescription for anxiety and sleep.  I read online about a doctor that learned about benzo buddies to get off zanax

I went to sleep at 8 on .5 a pill, but woke up at 12.  I am tired and want to take .5 a pill.  If I take .5 I will be going up half a pill and I always run out of pills if I take 1.5 or 2a day.  I don't want to stay up all night.  I can take my morning .5 at 4am.  My room didn't work out as the guy that was supposed to rent it didn't call.  It is for the best as he borrowed 10 and 15 and didn't pay me back.  I can't take the insomnia.  I am going home on Wednesday two hours away.  I had to fire my counselor as she got nasty when I was out of pills last week going cold turkey.  I seen her for 5 years, but she got nasty when I confided about running out of pills.

I went up half a pill to go to sleep at 245am to 45mg.  I couldn't stay up until 4am to take my am .5 a pill  will try to go back to 30vmg tomorrow.

I took .5 a pill of tempazapam.  I woke up at 230am which would have been 330 daylight time.  I am exhausted, but can't sleep unless I take another 15mg.  I can't take any more as I only have 30 mg a day to take until I get my prescription.  I am trying to taper to .5 a pill a day.a day, but need .5 a pill in the morning for anxiety.

Hi! How are you doing? I've just checked the description of Temazepam on the Canadian pharmacy site (I often use it for this purpose). You may have trouble sleeping the first few nights after you stop taking this medication. This is called rebound insomnia and is normal. It will usually go away after 1 or 2 nights. If this effect continues, it is better to contact your doctor.

I took .5 a pill at 230am to go back to sleep so I only have .5 a pill of my rations to go to sleep.  It is not working so I will have to stay up all night.  I am upset as my brothers girlfriend keeps being emotionally abusive and when I tell my friend she gets abusive emotionally so I have had to block  her several times.  It's my bd in two weeks and I want off the pills for my bd.  I have been on them 4.5 years

My advice is to slowly get off of the Benzos through a proper taper.

Things will not improve (and will most likely only get worse) the longer you are on them?

The reason the pills are no longer working at the current dose is because you reached "tolerance"

IMO, people are much more likely to experience symptoms and WD after tolerance is reached.

Your only option at this point is to up dose to get some sort of effect, which is a dead end road, IMO.

Slowly and safely taper off of the Benzo(s) that you are still on, then you will heal

It won't be easy, but looking for another Benzo or Rx drug to alleviate what ails you is a DEAD END ROAD

Benzos are designed for 2-4 weeks maximum use

They are merely band aids that don't cure or treat anything or any underlying condition or illness

They are a crutch that only causes more and more problems...

Then the Benzo reaper arrives one day and demands payment without mercy...usually in the form of a nasty Benzo WD period that no one knows how long will last

I can't updos as I run out of pills if I updos to 1.5 pills or two which works the best for my insomnia and anxiety.  The doctor gives me enough to updos for a week then I have to reduce to 1 day for t weeks or I run out.

I still have insomnia on .5 restoril.  I took .5 last night and couldn't fall asleep until I took two muscle relaxants.  I woke up at 3am and had to take my morning half a pill.  I took my half tonight and can't sleep.

I have reduced to 1 pill or 30 mg a day for 2 days.

I have a sick friend.  I had to cut off 4 emotionally abusive people.