1 year today

[He...]

I have been benzo free 1 year today.  I feel excellent!  I am fully recovered, and in some ways better than ever before.  Zero symptoms and great sleep.  I believe most of my anxiety across time was due to benzos.  They made life so much worse.  I work full time, socialize as possible, sleep, eat.  Benzos are a distant memory.  What hell it was, and now all is well.  I try to get my benzo friends in my life to grasp how dangerous.  But, they’re enjoying their benzos and see the struggle as a weakness.  I say ‘until you’re there, you won’t get it’.  I say ‘dependency is not weakness’. But they like their benzos.  Mother’s little helper, right.  It’s worth it to get free.  Keep going!  You will make it!

What was it like for you after you finished your last dose throughout that year after jumping?  How did you get to such low doses?  Liquid?  Congrats.  You give me hope and I am so happy for you!

Yes, I used liquid compounded clonazepam.  I took my time.  The taper was bad, the few months first off had some rough patches.  I stopped all symptoms about 6 months after last dose.  They got less and less and so I kept the faith.  Then it was over.  All good. 

Congrats Healing!!

So happy for you!

I'm still plugging away!

My only symptoms are POTS (positive diagnosis) and mind blowing headaches - sure hope they go.

I get no anxiety symptoms at all!

I'm not liking the Valium, just got all my genes tested by an awesome company in Toronto - over 200 drugs.

Valium is not great for me with my variants, so I may have to move to Clonazepam, not too happy about that.

I may just try and stick it out with the V.

So happy to hear from you!

I hear you with the benzos and friends! I know some on and they have all these weird symptoms and health issues - they are all benzo related, but they won't listen and the drs are just so mystified by all their weird illnesses! I'm not, but they still don't listen.

go enjoy your life

Cheers,

Winnie

Scaredcat, It’s absolutely one of the most important things I did.  I had mantras.  I am healing.  Healing is happening now.  I refused to allow any thoughts that clouded that MO MATTER how horrible I felt.  Your body responds to your thoughts.  You can’t predict the future.  You can’t predict a poor outcomes.  Expect a good one. 

Winnie, you are strong and you will get there.  I just know it.  🤗

You had taken it may be around 1 year. But was taking it for 3 years 3 months, and daily interdose withdrawal.

I am not strong like u all, I anyway keep going, but cannot think of recovery.

Very well done Healing64 - so inspiring. And Scaredcat - it is hard, the toughest thing we’’ll ever do, but the success stories show if we can find just one thing in our day to hold on to we can get there.

Very well done Healing64 - so inspiring. And Scaredcat - it is hard, the toughest thing we’’ll ever do, but the success stories show if we can find just one thing in our day to hold on to we can get there.

What is it that I can hold when my suffering is so unbelievable unbearable.. I am crying, that's all I can do and continue my taper.

Congratulations Healing64!!!  You are the proof that keeps me and our fellow benzo buddies trudging onward.  I am going to continue repeating the same mantras you practice, as I truly believe that positivity in the worst of times can bring us through to the other side.  My doctor has a PhD in neuroscience as does one of my neighbors, and they have instilled in me the importance of the mind body connection, and how one can affect the other.  My neighbor won’t listen to my symptoms, but will meditate with me.  She said, and my doctor agrees, that when one continuously speaks and focuses on their symptoms an imprint is made in the brain, which will then continue to loop around the negative thinking.  I may not really understand the scientific lingo, but I understand the message.  What I am feeling is my healing, repeat, repeat, repeat!

Enjoy today and all your tomorrows!

Gg

Please come to success stories for hope and inspiration.  It’s not helpful to compare yourself to others.  By the way, I have been on and off benzos for 20 years.  Not 1.  My most recent taper took well over a year, and I was on 2 years before that.  Don’t compare.  Success stories are to be congratulated. 

Its great to see you Healing, thanks for dropping by to offer hope and encouragement, I'm so happy to know you're doing well.  :smitten:

Healing64,

What a fantastically encouraging message. Thank you so much and congratulations to you.  I look forward to feeling like you are and living a full life.

Please come to success stories for hope and inspiration.  It’s not helpful to compare yourself to others.  By the way, I have been on and off benzos for 20 years.  Not 1.  My most recent taper took well over a year, and I was on 2 years before that.  Don’t compare.  Success stories are to be congratulated.

That's excellent news, you being so long term came out with flying colors..

Your success story is definitely going to save lives.

• 2 weeks later...
Yay!! Such great news! Thank you for sharing! I remember reading your posts and story when I joined almost a year ago. You gave me hope and strength. I now am benzo feee 3 months and 1 week. I’m feeling so good now. Symptoms a little still, but overall it’s like a cloud has lifted and I’m feeling really good. I know I’m healing! Thanks for the update because it gives me continued hope for more healing as my time goes on!  :smitten:

Wonder Woman!!  Congratulations!!  You are well on your way.  Look forward to being healthy and free 🙏

Thank you!! I’m so happy to be on my way there too!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Blessed wishes for continued healing for you as well!!

Congrats Healing!!

So happy for you!

I'm still plugging away!

My only symptoms are POTS (positive diagnosis) and mind blowing headaches - sure hope they go.

I get no anxiety symptoms at all!

I'm not liking the Valium, just got all my genes tested by an awesome company in Toronto - over 200 drugs.

Valium is not great for me with my variants, so I may have to move to Clonazepam, not too happy about that.

I may just try and stick it out with the V.

So happy to hear from you!

I hear you with the benzos and friends! I know some on and they have all these weird symptoms and health issues - they are all benzo related, but they won't listen and the drs are just so mystified by all their weird illnesses! I'm not, but they still don't listen.

go enjoy your life

Cheers,

Winnie

Hi Winnie - what is teh name of the Toronto company that sequenced your genes?

Many thanks!

Hi Healing

Congratulations and keep pushing. Don’t let your guard down. Ever! Happy for you. I was going to ask when you felt better and I saw that it was six months when things improved. I’m at three months or getting close. Typical symptoms, tingling, ears ringing some others that have started subsiding.

You’re an inspiration so looking forward to getting to o e year.

Peace

Old Sal