Some Success

[am...]

The one thing I didn't like during all of this was long posts. My brain could not process them.

Just look at my post history and you will see what a neurotic wreck I was. Hypochondriac, worry'r, basket-case, and always convinced I was dying.

This forum helped me so much. In the beginning I had no idea what was happening because I was never prescribed anything. I self-medicated for the same reasons you all do. I just had an outside source.

I still have some problems but they're not benzo related. All of the issues of benzo destruction are gone. I can say that decisively. That decisiveness is from years of experience. The benzo BS is gone. I've waited for a long time to post in this part of the forum to be sure.

And yes, it took years. For me. Fortunately, if you're of a certain age, years go by quick. So, you'll be out sooner than you think.

The takeaway...it will end. As the years go by you will develop other problems because of age or health neglect but don't put those off on benzos. The years of experience will show you the difference.

BTW, I went cold. Pure hell. I didn't know any different. That was before I found this forum. As I said, I didn't know what was happening. Taper? Never heard of it.

I was hallucinating. I remember one night in the first few days looking at my hand and not realizing it was a hand, hearing unknown things, and all the time trying to maintain normalcy around normal people because they did not know I was a drug addict.

I spent years at various times believing I was done for. I always believed I had cancer or a heart defect.

God saved me. The power of his son Jesus. I'm not an overly religious person but I do believe in the power of prayer and the power of the son of God. I know not all of you do and I'm not preaching...I'm the biggest sinner, but give it some thought. You've tried everything else. Why not Jesus? You don't have to be a good person. Jesus would hang with the 'worst' people. He wanted to be with them. He loves you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your story.  Our Good God is the only reason that I'm still here - praise be to Him always.  May God bless you!

What a great job you did pressing on to healing. Thank you for sharing this. I’m happy for you and may you remain well and enjoy new life.