Celery may help some of you

[f8...]

[f8...]

As I heal more and more (I'm basically at 98% now), and trying different things, I found a surprising tool that has helped me quite a bit.

Celery.

The idea is that celery has chemicals called phthalides. These chemicals naturally reduce heart rate by helping arterial walls expand. I've been eating 4 stacks every day for the past 2 weeks right before bedtime, and not only has my heart rate dropped a good 5 beats at night, but my stats on my Fitbit are identical to when I take a Melatonin.

If anxiety is the problem, together with CBT (like the controlled breathing) and 4 stalks of celery before bedtime, might be the trick to help some of you sleep.

I can't promise if you're in acute, or still suffering from physical damage from the benzos or z-drugs, that it will help much, as this is not specifically a sedative. It's simply a natural way to help your body relax, and therefore sleep comes easier.

Can't hurt to try it for a while, considering how cheap you can buy celery for.

Apigenin is one of the primary flavonoids in celery, which has a high medicinal value.  In higher doses, it may act like a sedative for some?

Apigenin is available in a supplement form (capsule) on Amazon and Swanson Vitamins and is reasonably priced.

[f8...]

Apigenin is one of the primary flavonoids in celery, which has a high medicinal value.  In higher doses, it may act like a sedative for some?

Apigenin is available in a supplement form (capsule) on Amazon and Swanson Vitamins and is reasonably priced.

Celery has a lot of different phytochemicals. But the phthalides are the ones of particular interest here.