Working

[Be...]

Hey All,

I've always had a good work ethic until this year when it all came crashing down ie I've had 10 jobs this year an I couldn't hold one down due to the benzos not working anymore alchohol no sleep etc.

For the first time I'm on benefits = in the uk it's called ESA it's not very much so things are tight.

Now I'm on a taper an getting support,knocked the alchohol on the head from Sept...

I've been offered an Xmas job in the local mail sorting office,I've done it before an the money would really help.

Tbh I'm afraid to take it in case I let myself an family down but feel guilty if I don't take it.

I do think it will be good for me an I can nearly pick my hours,but I can't stop thinking what if I had a bad spell while at work etc.

I'm sure a lot of you guys our  in the same situation how do yas cope on those days?

Thanks for any replys in advance.

Btw hope this is in in the right section,sorry if it isn't @admin

BB.

• 2 months later...

Hey BB, I was just reading your post...I'm also in a bit of a muddle  regarding work.

How did you get on,did you take the job?

MrsBump😊

Hi ,

it's a really tough situation and one where it may look  kind of dammed if you do dammed if you don't. I personally took on a very challenging new role very soon after withdrawal and was let go a month later. it was a great position and I had something in me that did not want to quit. in hindsight I took on way to much to early but in some ways the routine and distraction helped me.

I would say if money is am issue take the job and do what you can. worst case scenario you will be back where you started. sometimes having some responsibility and deadlines can keep you on track rather than sitting in your own misery. in saying this you don't want to overwhelm yourself.

best of luck with it.