hypnic jerks, please help desperate

[he...]

everytime i feel relaxed and get sleepy and start to drift off my jaw slams shut with force, its horrifying, then i have to try sgain to fall asleep and wham it will happen again. tonight up to 13 times in an hour, then I am over my sleep and wide awake, if I am lucky I will pass out an hour in exhaustion.

It started day 3 after I quit and seems to be getting worse. I am 3 weeks out now and other symptoms are not constant anymore. I als get some jerks in my body but doesnt bother me as much. Please tell me it can stop, I am losing my will to live like this and I am a mom :/ So scared I made permanent damage.

I have jaw issues (24/7 tremor) and hypnic jerks in my legs and feet, so not exactly the same, but I totally feel your pain on this. With only 3 weeks use, I have no doubt you'll start to see those symptoms fade. I know they can be terrifying, though.

I have the same thing but in my chest. Every time I am about to fall asleep my chest jolts me awake. It is driving me mad and is the reason for my continued anxiety.

I take an edible 2 hours before bed and struggle for who knows how many hours until I fall asleep.

I'm sorry you are going through this as well. Some people who have answered my questions say theirs went away after so many months. Just seems different for each person.

I have kids as well and this has just about ruined me. I am holding on the best I can for them.

I am thankful for any and all sleep I get. 

Hi Nova,

So sorry to hear you are going through the same! And also after short use right?

I get the chest ones too, but only 1 or 2 a night and not every single time I start drifting off. The jaw ones yes :/

Its so cruel that you feel like you cant ever relax or nap or enjoy that cozy moment of feeling relaxed in bed and start to drift off. I cant believe I ever took that for granted. For me it started day 3 after quitting. People on here say it will go away but it feels like its still going strong or even stronger.

Totally hear what you are saying, I am grateful for every little block of sleep I do get although often they feel like a weird sleep wit just lots of dreaming. And its not seep from peacefully passing out but frm passing out of pure exhaustion after laying awake for hours.

DO you also wake up after pretty much every sleep cycle? Like when you do sleep its only 1 or 1,5 hours. Last saturday somehow I did manage to fall asleep in between the jerks and got a blissful 5 hours in a row, couldnt believe it, then back to near nothing again.

I miss being the mom I was :/ My kid fels it too and is angry and acting out because we had to move in with grandma while I am going through this (single mom).

You want to be buddies through recovering (hopefully) from this?