rescue dose

[Pe...]

so i took a rescue dose of half a lorazepam to take my kids to the pumpkin patch have i messed this up even more i’m in a setback from a steroid was healed before the setback . doctor wants me to take for two weeks then wean off is this risky i’m scared .

A one off dose won't typically cause problems but I'm uncertain about the wisdom of taking Lorazepam for two weeks.  We have many members who have provided anecdotal evidence of increased problems tapering off benzo's if they've quit them before, they say it gets worse each time they do it.  2 weeks is more than enough time for your body to get dependent, I've seen it happen in as little as 10, its possible you'll be setting yourself up for more pain.

It sounds like your gut is telling you not to do it, I'd listen to it.

i was at crisis point can barely function, this setback is brutal are setbacks this bad? it feels it’s getting worse 5 months out . if i did a really slow taper off 2 weeks would it work , i was put on a cocktail of different ads last time over 3 months and diazepam which i took for 2 weeks . would thank still be kindling ? so upset as i didn’t want to go any where near these drugs again when i was healed still in disbelief this has happened to me . is anxiety in my tummy and dread almost like i want to throw up akathisia? someone else in a fb group said it was and scared  me

It would help if you put your history, including the setback into a signature so we could better understand where you are and what you've been through.  Could you do that?  If you're not able to you could put it here in a post and I could input it into your signature.  We just need to understand a little more so we can offer suggestions.  Here are the instructions.  Add your history/signature 

ok so

i was put on 4 different ads over 4 months , 2 weeks diazepam , 2 week gabapentin ,  1 week lycia and 2 week quietiapein . nightmare i know . healed completely in 14 months off

setback by a steroid 60mg at 2 years off . i half tab of lorazepam 

i am supposed to take the second have tonight , i wondered if there is any advice on this at all ? i’m scared but struggling to function and the half a tab today did give me relief

my opinion is you should really try to tough it out. you are headed down a slippery slope of unknowns. every one is different but this one thing I do know. all benzos are bad. I know they give momentary relief but then your body reacts with even more anxiety and a multitude of other symptoms after they wear off. please try and be a warrior and push thru this uncomfortable period. it's so worth it.

I would not taper 1 dose. What’s the point your just using it for 2 weeks and that’s worse and long enough to cause more problems!!!! Also so sorry about your setback they are so traumatic. 😩

I'd just stop, tapering will just add to your dependence, I hope you can find a way to avoid reinstating but we'll support whatever you feel you need to do.

I absolutely believe you can recover naturally, this is your body we're talking about, everything about us is natural, your body knows how to heal itself but most us of seem to get in the way.  We drink too much soda, or we eat hot dogs loaded with all sorts of preservatives or we take man made chemicals thinking we know how to fix us but does this even work?  Much of the time we end up hurting ourselves even more when what we should do is give our body what it needs, the right food, the right amount of exercise and the right amount of rest.  I'm not saying what we try never works but I am saying is that our bodies are incredible and sometimes we just need to get out of the way and let them do what they know to do.

I don't believe you need to taper from taking the three .5 mg doses.  I know this hurts and I can see you need to function but reaching for the drug that got you here isn't the answer, I wish there was an easier way but so far, we haven't found it.  It's barbaric what we go through... >:(

Nope, I don't because you can't erase 5 months of progress with 1.5 mgs of Lorazepam and your fear of this is what is most likely making you feel this bad.  Stress is one of the biggest contributors to increased symptoms so the best thing you can do is distract yourself from these awful symptoms and awful fear.  What do you do for distraction, what's in your toolbox to help you get through the rough times?

took

1.5 lorazepam when will i know ive been badly setback again , really wish i hadn’t done it , so stressed . last dose yesterday morning